Dr. Gary Sibcy is a psychologist practicing in Lynchburg, VA. Dr. Sibcy specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Sibcy evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Sibcy because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Gary A. Sibcy PHD's Practice location
Lynchburg, VA 24503Get Direction
Gary A. Sibcy PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Schizophrenia
What Is Schizophrenia?Schizophrenia is a severe and chronic mental disorder that can affect how an individual feels, thinks, and behaves. Individuals with schizophrenia can appear as though they have lost their grasp on reality. Although schizophrenia is less common than other mental disorders, the...
- Trypophobia and Other Strange Phobias
A phobia can be defined as a debilitating and overwhelming fear of a situation, object, animal, feeling, or place. Phobias are more evident compared to "fear" and normally occur when an individual has an unrealistic or exaggerated sense of danger about an object or situation. In case a phobia gets...
- Wishes Come True For These Two Inspiring People with Autism
Many people believe autism to be an obstacle that can hold people back from achieving their dreams. This is of course totally untrue, and the story of one PhD student shows exactly why this statement was false.The story of Kelvin SmithKelvin Smith is a graduate of Auburn University who is pursuing...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust of closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at surfaces that have small clustered holes. Few of the examples would be the head of the lotus seed pod or the body of a...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- Miranda Breit PHD3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA 24503
- Dr. Laura Elizabeth Wagner PH.D.1600 Lakeside Dr Lynchburg VA 24501
- Dr. David E. Jenkins PSY.D.1971 University Blvd Lynchburg VA 24502
- Glen Bowman CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIS1000 Jefferson St. Lynchburg VA 24504
- Arthur Frank Selden PHD3300 Rivermont Ave Lynchburg VA 24503
- Steven Kenneth Nielsen ED.D.101 Duncraig Dr Lynchburg VA 24502