Dr. Brian Collins practices Radiation Oncology in Washington, DC. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Collins specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
State University of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook 1995
Stony Brook University School of Medicine 1995
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Lung Cancer
- Georgetown University Hospital 2000
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
Brian Collins's Practice location
Washington, DC 20007Get Direction
Brian Collins's reviewsWrite Review
- Radiation Therapy vs Chemotherapy
Radiation TherapyIn this method, the doctors will use gamma rays, x-rays, and charged particles that will be directed at, implanted, or introduced directly into the blood stream. In this form of treatment, you will find the three types of therapy that will all be described according to way they...
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- What Is Recovery Like for Radiation Therapy?
After undergoing radiation therapy, the patient will be instructed on what to do, the appointments to keep, and everything they will need to know to make a full and safe recovery. Recovery usually depends on a lot of factors, but the following are some of the important ones:...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- Dr. Denise R. Gooch MD7503 Greenway Center Dr Greenbelt MD 20770
- Nam P. Nguyen425 L St NW Washington District of Columbia 20001
- Dr. Anatoly Dritschilo M.D.3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Michael S. Porrazzo MD110 Irving Street Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Stephen C Greco M.D.6420 Rockledge Dr Bethesda MD 20817
- Dr. Harold Agbahiwe M.D.833 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107