Dr. Nader Oskooilar MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1601 Dove St 290 Newport Beach CA, 92660
Dr. Nader Oskooilar is a psychiatrist practicing in Newport Beach, CA. Dr. Oskooilar is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Oskooilar diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Oskooilar may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Oskooilar treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Med Center Of Iran- Teheran- Iran (Imperial Center Of Iran) 1986
University of Washington School of Medicine
Medical Center Of Iran 1986
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Psychiatry; Univ Sd Affil Hosp, Psychiatry
- University of South Dakota School of Medicine Program
Dr. Nader Oskooilar MD's Practice location
Newport Beach, CA 92660Get Direction
Dr. Nader Oskooilar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Oskooilar
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are some people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people around them.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes. Leaves fall, and lands...
- What Is ADHD: Get the Facts
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often referred to as ADHS is a detrimental brain condition characterized by a continuous pattern of impulsivity, inattention or hyperactivity. All these symptoms interrupt the patient’s developmental growth:...
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- Mr. Irwin I. Rosenfeld MD23121 Plaza Pointe Drive Laguna Hills California 92653
- Dr. Deborah K. Lucas D.O.2400 East Katella Avenue Anaheim California 92806
- Dr. Sayeh Beheshti M.D.18141 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach CA 92648
- Dr. Clifford L. Corman M.D.4281 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720
- Dr. Renato P. Monaco M.D.1506 Lincoln Lane Newport Beach California 92660
- Dr. Jay Leathers MD2035 E. Ball Road Anaheim CA 92806