Dr. Nicholas Christoff is a nephrologist practicing in Dayton, OH. Dr. Christoff specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Christoff most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Suny Buffalo Affil Hosps, Internal Medicine
- SUNY, University at Buffalo Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Nicholas P Christoff MD's Practice location
Dayton, OH 45410Get Direction
KETTERING, OH 45429Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas P Christoff MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There an Early Diagnosis Possible in Hyperkalemia?
The human body is made up of certain minerals, each of which has a role to play to ensure a smooth function of the body. The body is considered healthy and working to its best ability when the prescribed balance of these minerals is maintained. When these minerals are lower or higher than the...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- Dr. Mark D Oxman DO1989 Miamisburg Centerville Rd Dayton OH 45459
- Dr. Augustus K Eduafo M.D.455 Turner Rd Dayton OH 45415
- Dr. Mukti Patel-chamberlin MD30 E Apple St Dayton OH 45409
- Dr. Rakesh K Gupta MD500 LINCOLN PARK BLVD KETTERING OH 45429
- Dr. Mohammad Golam Saklayen M.D.4100 W 3rd St Dayton OH 45428
- Dr. Melissa Schnell M.D.455 Turner Rd Dayton OH 45415