Derek Sun M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease194-02 Northern Blvd. Suite 208 Flushing NY, 11358
Dr. Derek Sun is a cardiologist practicing in Flushing, NY. Dr. Sun specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Sun also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Derek Sun M.D.'s Practice location
Flushing, NY 11358Get Direction
Derek Sun M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sun
- What Is Ischemia? Treatment for Acute or Chronic Ischemia
What is ischemia?Ischemia is the medical term used to describe a lack of blood flow to certain organs or body parts. Since the blood carries oxygen and other necessary nutrients to parts of the body, when blow flow is reduced these body parts do not receive the adequate amount of oxygen and...
- How Do High Cholesterol Levels Affect the Heart?
How Do High Cholesterol Levels Affect the Heart?Cholesterol is not that bad for our body – it has several important functions and is needed in moderate amounts. This compound is required to make new cells in the body, protect neurons, and also produce hormones. But when the amount of cholesterol...
- What Are the Heart Health Benefits of Arginine?
Arginine is an essential amino acid that has been in the spot light among hundreds of other nutrients because of its benefits to the heart. For many people diagnosed with heart disease, the heart-healthy benefits of this nutrient have come to the forefront. Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid...
- Citrus Fruits Can Reduce Your Risk of Stroke
Citrus fruits, like oranges and grape fruit, contain a compound that may reduce the risk of stroke in women, according to a study published in the American Heart Association journal, Stroke. Many of the earlier studies had shown the beneficial effect of antioxidants, like flavonoids, present in...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Hypertension: When Should I Call a Doctor?
Emergency situations with high blood pressure, called hypertensive crisis, are common when blood pressure is very high. This is a serious situation, as it may lead to organ damage. If the increase in blood pressure is not too high to cause any problems to any of the organs it is referred to as...
- Yoshifumi Naka M.D.177 Fort Washington Ave New York NY 10032
- Carl Dietrich Reimers MD130 E 77th St New York NY 10075
- Elena V. Bezoff D.O3049 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn New York 11235
- Nino D. Marino M.D110 East 59th Street New York City New York 10022
- Bijoy K. Mehta MD140-15 Stanford Avenue Flushing New York 11355
- Jeremiah M. Gelles MD8714 5th Avenue Brooklyn New York 11209