Dr. Kara Meyer is a psychologist practicing in Olympia, WA. Dr. Meyer specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Meyer evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Meyer because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Kara Meyer PH.D.'s Practice location
Olympia, WA 98506Get Direction
Olympia, WA 98501Get Direction
OLYMPIA, WA 98501Get Direction
Dr. Kara Meyer PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Depression
What is Depression?Depression is a mental illness in which a person constantly feels sad, anxious, hopeless, angry, and worthless. Regardless of age, this mental instability can affect any person at any time.Types of DepressionPeople experience this mood disorder in different ways. On the basis of...
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that a person develops after witnessing a very stressful and terrifying event. In most cases, the person must have faced a life-threatening event or an incident in which serious injury was involved. Events that trigger fear,...
- Josh Duggar: Sex Addiction
The Duggar Family The story about the Duggar family began decades ago on a hot summer day in July 1984, when 19-year-old Jim Bob Duggar and 17-year-old Michelle got married. They were young, enthusiastic, and in love. They couldn’t have dreamed that one day, they will end up on a reality TV show...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- How Rumination Is Linked to Anxiety and Depression
What is rumination?According to various research studies, one of the important factors or causes of depression and anxiety is rumination.When people ruminate, they continually contemplate about certain problems or thoughts without end. Most of the time, individuals who are depressed have episodes of...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- Dr. Karstin Lee Slade PH.D.Mamc 9040 Reid St Tacoma WA 98431
- Dr. Pamela Lyn Sarlund-heinrich PSY.D.33507 9th Ave S Building C Federal Way WA 98003
- Dr. Julia Elizabeth Mclawsen PH.D., R.PSYCH.9601 Steilacoom Blvd SW Lakewood WA 98498
- Dr. Lauren Nicole Hollrah PSY.D.1815 Sw Marlow Ave Portland OR 97225
- Dr. Heesoon Jun PH.D.3100 Sunset Beach Dr Nw Olympia WA 98502
- Dr. Laura Dahmer-white PHD1800 Cooper Pt Rd Sw Olympia WA 98502