Dr. Harvey Abraham Fishman M.D.
Ophthalmologist526 Soquel Ave Suite B Santa Cruz CA, 95062
Dr. Harvey Fishman is an ophthalmologist practicing in Santa Cruz, CA. Dr. Fishman specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Fishman can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Fishman can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 2000
- Microcontact printing on human tissue for retinal cell transplantation.
- Localized neurotransmitter release for use in a prototype retinal interface.
- The Artificial Synapse Chip: a flexible retinal interface based on directed retinal cell growth and neurotransmitter stimulation.
- Fluid flow past an aperture in a microfluidic channel.
- Localized chemical release from an artificial synapse chip.
- Directed retinal nerve cell growth for use in a retinal prosthesis interface.
- Controlling cell adhesion on human tissue by soft lithography.
- Determination of human lens capsule permeability and its feasibility as a replacement for Bruch's membrane.
- A model retinal interface based on directed neuronal growth for single cell stimulation.
- Neural stimulation with a carbon nanotube microelectrode array.
- Thin collagen film scaffolds for retinal epithelial cell culture.
- Spatial cues for the enhancement of retinal pigment epithelial cell function in potential transplants.
- A model neural interface based on functional chemical stimulation.
- Fluorescence detection in capillary zone electrophoresis using a charge-coupled device with time-delayed integration.
- Carbon nanotube bucky paper as an artificial support membrane for retinal cell transplantation.
- Identification of receptor ligands and receptor subtypes using antagonists in a capillary electrophoresis single-cell biosensor separation system.
- Single cells as biosensors for chemical separations.
- Microcolumn sample injection by spontaneous fluid displacement.
- Spontaneous injection in microcolumn separations.
- Optimizing fluorescence detection in chemical separations for analyte bands traveling at different velocities.
- Use of 2,3-naphthalenedicarboxaldehyde derivatization for single-cell analysis of glutathione by capillary electrophoresis and histochemical localization by fluorescence microscopy.
- Patch-clamp detection of neurotransmitters in capillary electrophoresis.
- Biosensors in chemical separations.
- Voltage-clamp biosensors for capillary electrophoresis.
- St Mary'S Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- St Mary's Hospital Med Center
Dr. Harvey Abraham Fishman M.D.'s Practice location
Santa Cruz, CA 95062Get Direction
PALO ALTO, CA 94301Get Direction
Dr. Harvey Abraham Fishman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fishman
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- How to Properly Take Care of Your Eyelashes
Lush, full lashes are any woman’s dream. Avoiding a few bad habits and replacing them with some good ones may lead to beautiful, long lashes.Eyelashes have a very important role in the health of the eyes. They are protective in nature preventing foreign matter out of the eye. They also act as an...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- Dr. Jason Luksich MD2025 Soquel Ave Santa Cruz CA 95062
- Dr. Krikor Barsoumian M.D.2440 Samaritan Dr San Jose CA 95124
- Dr. Sayed Jovkar M.D.15251 National Ave Los Gatos CA 95032
- Dr. Irene Hsu-dresden Other250 Almendra Ave Los Gatos CA 95030
- Dr. Laura T Phan MD27450 Schoenherr Rd Warren MI 48088
- Dr. Christopher James Engelman MD751 S Bascom Ave San Jose CA 95128