Dr. Michael Abels is a pathologist practicing in Hialeah, FL. Dr. Abels is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Abels can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Abels may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1968
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine 1968
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Kings County Hosp Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Kings County Hosp Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Dr. Michael Abels M.D.'s Practice location
Hialeah, FL 33016Get Direction
Dr. Michael Abels M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Idalia Santaella MD135 San Lorenzo Ave Coral Gables FL 33146
- Dr. Andrea Proctor Subhawong MDJohns Hopkins Medical Institutions Dept Of Patholo Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Juan P. Palazzo M.D.1020 Locust St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Andrea Klein Blumberg M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Jack Victor Chaney M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Nat Evan Pinnar M.D.3501 Johnson St Hollywood FL 33021