Dr. Jeffrey Kappa is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Kingsport, TN. Dr. Kappa specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Kappa often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1981
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania 1989
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Intraoperative management of patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Extracorporeal circulation in a patient with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Heparin-induced platelet activation in sixteen surgical patients: diagnosis and management.
- Quantitation of platelet preservation with prostanoids during simulated bypass.
- Carotid endarterectomy in patients with heparin-induced platelet activation: comparative efficacy of aspirin and iloprost (ZK36374).
- Efficacy of iloprost (ZK36374) versus aspirin in preventing heparin-induced platelet activation during cardiac operations.
- Prevention of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia during open heart surgery with iloprost (ZK36374).
- Temporary inhibition of platelet function with iloprost (ZK36374) preserves canine platelets during extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
- Heparin-induced platelet activation: the role of thromboxane A2 synthesis and the extent of platelet granule release in two patients.
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, General Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. Jeffrey R Kappa MD's Practice location
Kingsport, TN 37660Get Direction
Kingsport, TN 37660Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey R Kappa MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kappa
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...