Dr. Otis Baughman is a family practitioner practicing in Spartanburg, SC. Dr. Baughman specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Baughman possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1977
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1977
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- The clinical pharmacist as a preceptor in a family practice residency training program.
- Antidepressants: update on new agents and indications.
- Preclinical primary care--preceptorships and the student health coalition.
- Benzodiazepine dependence and withdrawal: identification and medical management.
- Anxiety and substance use disorders: the treatment of high-risk patients.
- Anxiety and substance use disorders: a primer for primary care physicians.
- The impact of a county wide sex education effort on adolescent pregnancies in one South Carolina Regional Medical Center.
- Rapid diagnosis and treatment of anxiety and depression in primary care: the somatizing patient.
- Spartanburg Reg Hlthcare Sys, Family Medicine
- Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Program
Dr. Otis L Baughman M.D.'s Practice location
Spartanburg, SC 29303Get Direction
SPARTANBURG, SC 29303Get Direction
Dr. Otis L Baughman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Baughman
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Croup in Adults
Croup is a very common respiratory infection in children, but it can also occur in adults. It can occur at any point and is quite infectious since the virus is often being dispersed through the air, which causes the infection to spread to others. Although rare, croup can also be caused by bacterial...
- What Is Tramadol Used For?
Tramadol, sold under the brand name "Ultram" in the United States, is a synthetic opioid analgesic used to manage moderate to moderately-severe pain. It is generally used to relieve pain as that experienced during chronic conditions like arthritis or after surgery. Tramadol Hcl 50 mg also arrives in...
- Ringworm Treatment: Type of Treatment and Natural Home Remedies
Ringworm is a fungal type of infection, which is caused by the fungal organisms known as dermatophytes. It can affect various parts of the body, especially the skin on the hands, feet, face, and neck. It can also affect the scalp or nails. Initially, it appears as a small dot. Gradually, as the...
- Anemia: Get the Facts
Our body has three types of blood cells: white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. White blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes are the type of cells that fights off infections in our body. The platelets work by helping our blood clot, and the red blood cells (RBCs) are the ones responsible for...
- What Does Bactrim Treat?
BactrimBactrim is a combination of antibiotics called trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole, which help treat different types of bacterial infections. Bactrim can be used for the treatment of urinary tract infections (UTIs), ear infections, bronchitis, shigellosis, traveler's...
- Dr. Allyson C. Bagenholm M.D.20665 Lyons Road Boca Raton FL 33434
- Dr. Henry G. Cupstid MD1690 Skylyn Dr Spartanburg SC 29307
- Dr. Jennifer G. Baugh M.D.3941 Highway 9 Boiling Springs SC 29316
- Dr. James Muriel Gragg MD511 Cross Anchor Rd Woodruff SC 29388
- Dr. Tod R Reel MD1330 Boiling Springs Rd Spartanburg SC 29303
- Dr. Salvatore Franco Bianco M.D.101 E Wood St Spartanburg SC 29303