Dr. Franklin Westhout practices Neurological Surgery in Los Angeles, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Westhout prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Dr. Franklin Westhout M.D.'s Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90008Get Direction
Dr. Franklin Westhout M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Westhout
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Dr. Barry B Ceverha M.D.2865 Atlantic Ave Long Beach CA 90806
- Dr. Leslie D. Cahan MD4733 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90027
- Dr. Rafael O. Quinonez M.D., PHD11550 Indian Hills Road Mission Hills California 91345
- Dr. Brian Randall Gantwerker M.D.18350 Roscoe Blvd Northridge CA 91325
- Dr. Wesley A King M.D.120 S Spalding Dr Beverly Hills CA 90212
- Dr. Rahul Jandial M.D., PH.D.5425 Panoramic Ln San Diego CA 92121