Dr. Barbara Schwartz practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Huntingdon Valley, PA. Dr. Schwartz evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Schwartz seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1965
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Med Coll Of Pa & Hosp, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Children'S Hosp Of Mi, Pediatrics
- Eastern Penn Psy Inst
Dr. Barbara Harriet Schwartz MD's Practice location
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006Get Direction
Dr. Barbara Harriet Schwartz MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Dr. John J. Thomas MD1440 Russell Road Paoli Pennsylvania 19301
- Dr. Pamela Ralph M.D.26 S 40th St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Roy Andrew Patchell MD500 W Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85013
- Dr. Imran Posner MD34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Heidi R Vidal M.D.101 Route 130 S Riverton NJ 08077
- Dr. Deana Marie Sabol D.O.2900 Queen Lane Philadelphia PA 19129