Shig S Shinhira DDS
Dentist | General Practice490 Post St #711 San Francisco CA, 94102
Dr. Shig Shinhira is a Dentist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Shinhira specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Shig S Shinhira DDS's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94102Get Direction
Shig S Shinhira DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shinhira
- Gum Disease is Common in Pot Smokers
A new study published in, The Journal of American Medical Association, reports that pot use is associated with gum disease. This disease, considered to be a disease due to aging, was very common among people who smoke marijuana. The result remained the same even after accounting for all other...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Dealing with Lupus Mouth Sores
What is lupus? Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disorder. If you have an autoimmune disorder, your immune system mistakenly attacks the healthy cells in your body, which causes inflammation. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, skin rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain,...
- Illinois Dental Practice Offers Sleep Apnea Treatment
There are a few options for treating sleep apnea. The most common that many people are familiar with is using a CPAP machine. CPAP machines work wonders for most patients. Some patients choose to get surgery to try to correct the problem. The least known treatment for sleep apnea can...
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- Rodney Y. Kim DDS11100 San Pablo Ave El Cerrito California 94530
- Rodica T. Popovici DDS4450 San Pablo Dam Rd El Sobrante CA 94803
- Olga Antipova DDS490 Post St San Francisco CA 94102
- Dr. L Todd Iverson DDS450 Sutter St #2005 San Francisco CA 94108
- Dr. Toni Ambus DDS773 Jenevein Ave San Bruno CA 94066
- Dr. Emily Georgia Gentry D.D.S.220 Montgomery St San Francisco CA 94104