Dr. Jerry Edward Neff MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry645 South Rogers Street Bloomington IN, 47403
Dr. Jerry Neff is a psychiatrist practicing in Bloomington, IN. Dr. Neff is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Neff diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Neff may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Neff treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1977
Indiana University School of Medicine 1977
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, Psychiatry
- University Louisville School Of Med
- University of Louisville School of Medicine Program
Dr. Jerry Edward Neff MD's Practice location
Bloomington, IN 47403Get Direction
Bloomington, IN 47403Get Direction
Dr. Jerry Edward Neff MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Neff
- Binge Eating Disorder: Get the Facts
Individuals suffering from binge eating disorder (B.E.D) often eat excessively. They are not able to control the intake of food when the binges kick in. People with this disorder are distinct from bulimia and anorexia victims in that the former don’t vomit, eat little quantities of particular...
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- Managing Anxiety Disorder Using BuSpar
What is anxiety?Anxiety is a general term that is often used to refer to disorders among individuals that cause nervousness, fear, stress, and worrying. These traits often impact human behavior and can turn into real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is temporary and vague. However, anxiety that turns...
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Dr. Marina Bota MD1150 Varnum St NE Washington DC 20017
- Dr. Joel Griffith M.D.445 S Landmark Ave Bloomington IN 47403
- Dr. Carey Mayer M.D.601 W 2nd St Bloomington IN 47403
- Dr. Gregory Scott Sidell M.D.645 S Rogers St Bloomington IN 47403
- Dr. Michael William Kane MD451 S Park Ridge Rd Bloomington IN 47401
- Dr. John L Eckard MD2900 W. 16th St Bedford IN 47421