Dr. Andrew Charles Krakowski MD
Dermatologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Dermatology8010 Frost St Suite 602 San Diego CA, 92123
Dr. Andrew Krakowski is a pediatric dermatologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Krakowski specializes in the skin care of children. Pediatric dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions that affect infants, children and teens. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Pediatric dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Krakowski diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania, PA M.D.
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Effect of a single application of pulsed dye laser treatment of port-wine birthmarks on intraocular pressure.
- Moderate to severe acne in adolescents with skin of color: benefits of a fixed combination clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% aqueous gel.
- Arthropod assault from biting midges.
- Neonatal Lupus Erythematosus Presenting as Atypical Targetoid-like Lesions
- Treatment of lymphangioma circumscriptum using fractional carbon dioxide laser ablation.
- The Eraser Challenge Among School-age Children.
- Itching to learn: school chair allergic contact dermatitis on the posterior thighs.
- Utility of the "magnet sign" in the differential diagnosis of a firm papule in the skin.
- Psoriatic plaques "koebnerizing" to areas of acanthosis nigricans in an obese female: clues to a common pathway?
- Case report: rapidly healing epidermolysis bullosa wound after ablative fractional resurfacing.
- Striking striae from "triple-threat" lotion.
- A novel patient support program to address isotretinoin adherence: proof-of-concept analysis.
- Multidisciplinary, multimodal approach for a child with a traumatic facial scar.
- A review of scar assessment scales.
- A 15-year-old girl with painful, peeling skin.
- Clinical Research Award 2015 American Acne and Rosacea Society
- Invited Member 2014 Pediatric Innovation Leadership Forum, Children’s Hospital of Orange
- Research Presentation Award 2014 University of California, San Diego, Dermatology Faculty Research Symp
- Dermatology 2013 the Heart (Inaugural United States Winner), MissionSkin.org,
- Cablefax Best of the Web Awards 2011 Honorable Mention for Original Content, boonDOCS Show
- Gold Triangle Award 2010 American Academy of Dermatology
- Innovative Continuing Medical Education in Dermatology Award 2007 American Academy of Dermatology
- Young Researcher Award 2006 University of California, San Diego, and Rady Children’s Hospital, San
- Resident Teaching Award 2006 Johns Hopkins Medical Institute
- Joel Gordon Miller Award 2003 University of Pennsylvania
- Medical Dermatology
- Mohs & Surgical Dermatology
- Cosmetic Services
- Vein Care
- Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certified Subspecialty Certification in Pediatric Dermatology (American Board of Dermatology)
- Clinical Fellow Pediatric Dermatology, Rady Children’s Hospital, CA
- Research Fellow Pediatric Dermatology, Rady Children’s Hospital, CA
- Diplomate American Board of Dermatology
- Professional Member Pediatric Dermatology Research Alliance
- Professional Member American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Professional Member University of California, San Diego, Clinical and Translational Research Institute
- Professional Member Association of Professors of Dermatology
- Professional Member American Academy of Dermatology
- Professional Member American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Dr. Andrew Charles Krakowski MD's Practice location
San Diego, CA 92123Get Direction
CENTER VALLEY, PA 18034Get Direction
Center Valley, PA 18034Get Direction
Dr. Andrew Charles Krakowski MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Krakowski
- Everything Parents Should Know Before Treating Heat Rash
Heat rash, which is also called as "miliaria" or "prickly heat" is a condition that affects the skin mostly out of a blockage of the sweat ducts. The blockage of these sweat pores is mostly known to be as a result of excess sweating, which leaves the pores unable to excrete all the sweat. Upon...
- Ringworm of the Body and Scalp
IntroductionDermatophytes are fungi that get nutrients from keratin for growth. They usually affect the skin, nails, and hair. The species that commonly invade the keratin are those that belong to the genus Trichophyton, Epidermophyton, and Microsporum. Fungal infections produce ring-like...
- What Is Baby Acne?
What is Baby Acne?Does your child have more pimples than those of an eighth grader? This pimply appearance of puberty is very common, often beginning at two to three weeks of age. It affects more than forty percent of all infants. Fortunately, it isn’t permanent and doesn’t cause any trouble to...
- What Is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
What is seborrheic dermatitis?Seborrheic dermatitis, or seborrhea, is a common skin disease that has no known direct cause. It is characterized by a red, itchy rash on the skin, often on the scalp, with scaly patches that flake off. It looks similar to eczema, psoriasis or an allergic reaction....
- Impetigo: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Home Remedies
What is impetigo?Impetigo is also known as "school sores". It is a common bacterial skin infection that occurs in infants and young children, especially preschoolers. Although it is common among children, adults can get impetigo, too.The two types of bacteria that can cause impetigo...
- Treatments for Ringworm
What is ringworm?Ringworm is a common fungal infection of the skin. It is scientifically called as tinea corporis, and belongs to the group dermatophytes. Ringworm does not involve worms, as the name suggests. Instead, its name comes from the ring-like red patches that can occur on the arms, legs,...
- Dr. Lawrence F. Eichenfield M.D.3030 CHILDRENS WAY SAN DIEGO CA 92123
- Dr. Susan Boiko MD8010 FROST ST SAN DIEGO CA 92123
- Dr. Wynnis L. Tom M.D.4168 Front Street San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Bari Bickel Cunningham M.D.8010 Frost St San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Neil Frank Gibbs M.D.34520 Bob Wilson Dr San Diego CA 92134
- Dr. Magdalene Annette Dohil M.D.8010 Frost St San Diego CA 92123