Dr. Niki Patellis is an optometrist practicing in Butler, NJ. Dr. Patellis specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Patellis performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Niki Patellis O.D.'s Practice location
Butler, NJ 07405Get Direction
Dr. Niki Patellis O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Dr. Nancy Schiffman O.D.Sears Optical Department, 75 W. Route 59 Nanuet NY 10954
- Dr. Jonathan Wasserstein O.D.184 S. Livingston Avenue Livingston NJ 07039
- Dr. Heather Deeble O.D.249 Main St Millburn NJ 07041
- Dr. Sheldon Gerard Greenspan O.D.1259 Route 46 Parsippany NJ 07054
- Dr. Barbara Lenore Koslow O.D.42 Forestdale Rd Butler NJ 07405
- Darryl R Voight OD879 Black Oak Ridge Rd Wayne NJ 07470