Dr. Wesley Burks M.D.
Pediatrician2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC, 27710
Dr. Wesley Burks is a pediatrician practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Burks is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Burks diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Burks can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Molecular cloning and epitope analysis of the peanut allergen Ara h 3.
- Strain-dependent induction of allergic sensitization caused by peanut allergen DNA immunization in mice.
- Prevalence of peanut and tree nut allergy in the US determined by a random digit dial telephone survey.
- Modification of a major peanut allergen leads to loss of IgE binding.
- Tertiary structure and biophysical properties of a major peanut allergen, implications for the production of a hypoallergenic protein.
- Soy allergy in infants and children with IgE-associated cow's milk allergy.
- Common allergens in avian meats.
- IgE antibody response to vertebrate meat proteins including tropomyosin.
- Anaphylaxis and food allergy.
- Mutational analysis of the IgE-binding epitopes of P34/Gly m Bd 30K.
- Structure of the major peanut allergen Ara h 1 may protect IgE-binding epitopes from degradation.
- Peanut and soy allergy: a clinical and therapeutic dilemma.
- A murine model of peanut anaphylaxis: T- and B-cell responses to a major peanut allergen mimic human responses.
- Food allergy: current diagnostic methods and interpretation of results.
- Mechanisms of food allergy.
Dr. Wesley Burks M.D.'s Practice location
Durham, NC 27710Get Direction
CHAPEL HILL, NC 27599Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Get Direction
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- What Causes Croup?
Croup is a common respiratory problem prevailing in young children that tends to develop in the fall or winter. It describes a deep and barking cough that is caused by an upper respiratory infection that blocks a child's ability to breathe. Its characteristic symptom is harsh coughing...
- Can Robots Help Children with Autism in Ways that Humans Can't?
Kids love robots. They are mesmerized by their ability to be human-like, yet machine-like. Maybe they like them because they are like a toy come to life. They are somehow able to ‘think,’ react and move independently. Without technical knowledge an adult would have, kids, are able to imagine...
- Is Mumps Preventable?
Mumps is a highly contagious infection caused by a certain virus. It can easily be spread from one person to another; therefore, prevention is very important. The MMR vaccine is the surest way to prevent mumps. Common symptoms associated with mumps include painful inflammation on the cheeks or...
- How to Get Rid of Smegma?
What is Smegma?In uncircumcised males, smegma is a sebaceous matter made up of oil and dead skin cells, which accumulates under the foreskin. In females, it accumulates around the folds of the labia. It is not a serious condition and not a sexually transmitted infection. However, a smegma buildup...
- Treatments for Jaundice
Treatments are only necessary when the patient has extremely high levels of bilirubin in the blood. Most babies suffering from jaundice don’t require treatments because their blood’s bilirubin levels are often low. Under such conditions, the symptoms often improve with a period of two weeks and...
- Dr. Rula Freiji MD6417 Pathway Ct. Chapel Hill NC 27516
- Dr. Kamini Patel MD701 Exposition Pl Raleigh North Carolina 27615
- Dr. Jamila Fletcher MD2800 Blue Ridge Rd Raleigh NC 27607
- Mrs. Stephanie Slater Rand MD4022 Freedom Lake Dr Durham North Carolina 27704
- Dr. David A Goff MD6013 FARRINGTON RD STE 101 CHAPEL HILL NC 27517
- Dr. Melissa Schweikhart Bauserman M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599