Dr. Wesley Burks M.D.
Pediatrician2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC, 27710
Dr. Wesley Burks is a pediatrician practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Burks is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Burks diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Burks can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
- Molecular cloning and epitope analysis of the peanut allergen Ara h 3.
- Strain-dependent induction of allergic sensitization caused by peanut allergen DNA immunization in mice.
- Prevalence of peanut and tree nut allergy in the US determined by a random digit dial telephone survey.
- Modification of a major peanut allergen leads to loss of IgE binding.
- Tertiary structure and biophysical properties of a major peanut allergen, implications for the production of a hypoallergenic protein.
- Soy allergy in infants and children with IgE-associated cow's milk allergy.
- Common allergens in avian meats.
- IgE antibody response to vertebrate meat proteins including tropomyosin.
- Anaphylaxis and food allergy.
- Mutational analysis of the IgE-binding epitopes of P34/Gly m Bd 30K.
- Structure of the major peanut allergen Ara h 1 may protect IgE-binding epitopes from degradation.
- Peanut and soy allergy: a clinical and therapeutic dilemma.
- A murine model of peanut anaphylaxis: T- and B-cell responses to a major peanut allergen mimic human responses.
- Food allergy: current diagnostic methods and interpretation of results.
- Mechanisms of food allergy.
Dr. Wesley Burks M.D.'s Practice location
CHAPEL HILL, NC 27599Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Get Direction
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Chickenpox?
What should I do if my child has the chickenpox?...
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- ADHD: How it Impacts the Family
Any negative medical condition suffered by one family member usually carries over to the rest of the family. How an ADHD diagnosis can affect the whole familyOnce a child, teenager, or even an adult, is diagnosed with ADHD, the impact of the diagnosis will be felt by the entire family. Furthermore,...
- What Is the Babinski Reflex?
Reflexes Seen in NewbornsMuch of a baby's activity during the first few weeks of life is reflexive. When you put your finger in your baby's mouth, your baby would automatically suck on it by reflex. Your baby would not think of what to do but rather respond according to reflexes. When exposed to a...
- Dr. Rula Freiji MD6417 Pathway Ct. Chapel Hill NC 27516
- Dr. Kamini Patel MD701 Exposition Pl Raleigh North Carolina 27615
- Dr. Jamila Fletcher MD2800 Blue Ridge Rd Raleigh NC 27607
- Mrs. Stephanie Slater Rand MD4022 Freedom Lake Dr Durham North Carolina 27704
- Dr. David A Goff MD6013 FARRINGTON RD STE 101 CHAPEL HILL NC 27517
- Dr. Brian Thomas Bramson M.D.1301 Fayetteville St Durham NC 27707