Dr. Wesley Burks is a pediatrician practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Burks is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Burks diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Burks can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
- Molecular cloning and epitope analysis of the peanut allergen Ara h 3.
- Strain-dependent induction of allergic sensitization caused by peanut allergen DNA immunization in mice.
- Prevalence of peanut and tree nut allergy in the US determined by a random digit dial telephone survey.
- Modification of a major peanut allergen leads to loss of IgE binding.
- Tertiary structure and biophysical properties of a major peanut allergen, implications for the production of a hypoallergenic protein.
- Soy allergy in infants and children with IgE-associated cow's milk allergy.
- Common allergens in avian meats.
- IgE antibody response to vertebrate meat proteins including tropomyosin.
- Anaphylaxis and food allergy.
- Mutational analysis of the IgE-binding epitopes of P34/Gly m Bd 30K.
- Structure of the major peanut allergen Ara h 1 may protect IgE-binding epitopes from degradation.
- Peanut and soy allergy: a clinical and therapeutic dilemma.
- A murine model of peanut anaphylaxis: T- and B-cell responses to a major peanut allergen mimic human responses.
- Food allergy: current diagnostic methods and interpretation of results.
- Mechanisms of food allergy.
Dr. Wesley Burks M.D.'s Practice location
CHAPEL HILL, NC 27599Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Get Direction
Dr. Wesley Burks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Prevention of Croup
Croup is a viral infection that causes swelling of the airway. As a result, the airway becomes narrower, making it difficult to breathe. It is also accompanied by an irritation in the larynx (voice box) and trachea (windpipe). This condition is also known as laryngotracheobronchitis because the...
- Which Conditions Are Linked with Mesenteric Adenitis?
Mesenteric adenitis, also called as mesenteric lymphadenitis, is a condition that causes swelling and inflammation in the abdominal lymph nodes. This condition usually affects children and adolescents.Lymph nodes are small glands that are part of the lymphatic system. They contain a type of white...
- Is This Genital Herpes or do I have Cold Sores?
Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). This virus causes both genital herpes and oral herpes (cold sores). However, the strain varies, with the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) causing cold sores while the herpes simplex type 2 (HSV2) causes genital herpes. HSV1 is mostly transmitted...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Can Robots Help Children with Autism in Ways that Humans Can't?
Kids love robots. They are mesmerized by their ability to be human-like, yet machine-like. Maybe they like them because they are like a toy come to life. They are somehow able to ‘think,’ react and move independently. Without technical knowledge an adult would have, kids, are able to imagine...
- How Examining Eye Movements Can Help Diagnose Autism
When it comes to treating autism, the earlier that a diagnosis can be accurately provided, the better off the patient will be in the long-term. While some members of the medical community continue to devote research to the treatment of autism, and while that research is undoubtedly invaluable,...
- Dr. Alyssa Stephany M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Rula Freiji MD6417 Pathway Ct. Chapel Hill NC 27516
- Dr. Kamini Patel MD701 Exposition Pl Raleigh North Carolina 27615
- Dr. Jamila Fletcher MD2800 Blue Ridge Rd Raleigh NC 27607
- Mrs. Stephanie Slater Rand MD4022 Freedom Lake Dr Durham North Carolina 27704
- Lynn A Fordham MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599