Dr. William R Strand M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology4001 W 15th St Suite 300 Plano TX, 75093
Dr. William Strand practices Pediatric Urology in Plano, TX. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Strand is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Strand performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Mayo Med Sch, Rochester Mn 1983
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Acute renal failure due to obstruction in Burkitt lymphoma.
- Felbamate urolithiasis.
- Clinical inquiries. Do antibiotics prevent recurrent UTI in children with
- Initial management of complex pediatric disorders: prunebelly syndrome, posterior urethral valves.
- Chromosome studies in 17 patients with the Sézary syndrome.
- Anaplastic plasma cell myeloma and immunoblastic lymphoma. Clinical, pathologic,
- [Anaplastic myeloma and immunoblastic lymphoma: a comparison].
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, General Surgery
- National Naval Medical Center
- Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Children's Memorial Hospital
Dr. William R Strand M.D.'s Practice location
Plano, TX 75093Get Direction
Plano, TX 75093Get Direction
Dr. William R Strand M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Strand
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...