Dr. Mark Carlsson is a family practitioner practicing in Butler, PA. Dr. Carlsson specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Carlsson possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific 1982
Hahnemann Univ. School of Med.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Intimal hyperplasia recurs after removal of PDGF-AB and -BB inhibition in the rat carotid artery injury model.
- Circulating gonadotrophins and follicular dynamics in anestrous ewes after treatment with estradiol-17beta.
- Olfactory activation patterns in the antennal lobe of the sphinx moth, Manduca sexta.
- Distribution of metabotropic receptors of serotonin, dopamine, GABA, glutamate, and short neuropeptide F in the central complex of Drosophila.
- Progesterone and oestradiol in canine plasma monitored by enhanced luminescence immunoassays.
- Radioimmunoassay of bovine, ovine and porcine luteinizing hormone with a
- High Cholesterol
- Sleep Apnea
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Vascular Disease
- St Vincent Hlth Ctr, Family Medicine
- St Vincent Health Center Program
Dr. Mark A Carlsson M.D.'s Practice location
Butler, PA 16001Get Direction
BUTLER, PA 16001Get Direction
Dr. Mark A Carlsson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carlsson
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- What Is G6PD Deficiency?
Introduction G6PD is actually an enzyme and G6PD deficiency occurs when there is a deficiency of this enzyme. This condition is not fatal, but in acute as well as in the chronic breakdown of red blood cells, it causes a spectrum of complaints such as jaundice. This condition is inherited and a...
- Floating Poop: Reasons
Causes of Floating PoopOne day, all of a sudden, you notice that you have floating poop. The very next thing that comes to your mind is, "Why?"Usually, poop sinks to the bottom of the toilet, so you might be wondering why your poop floats. Diet and other contributing factors can cause changes in...
- What Causes Blisters and How to Get Rid of a Blister
Blisters can occur for numerous reasons. Although they are not often serious, the appearance of blisters itself can be very off-putting. A blister is a fluid-filled bubble that develops under the skin. The watery liquid under the blister is often clear, which is called serum.When blisters break, the...
- Dr. Marco Antonio Alcala M.D.874 Butler Street Pittsburgh PA 15223
- Dr. Neal A Schorr M.D.2400 Corporate Dr Wexford PA 15090
- Dr. Hilary A Stroud MD20397 Route 19 Cranberry Twp PA 16066
- Dr. Susan T Federoff MD11676 Perry Hwy Wexford PA 15090
- Dr. Surbhi Agarwal M.D911 E Brady St Butler PA 16001
- Dr. Andrew C Fackler MD5548 William Flynn Hwy Gibsonia PA 15044