Dr. Bettina Gyr is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Gyr specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system in children. As a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Gyr tends to childrens bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons can treat newborns to teenagers. Some conditions Dr. Gyr treats include gait abnormalities like limping, limp and spine deformities, broken bones and bone and joint infections.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1995
Texas A&M University, TX 1995
- Cerebral Palsy
- Back Pain
- Birth Defects
- Femur Fracture
- Abnormal Gait
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Virginia Program
Dr. Bettina Magdalena Gyr MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Winston Salem, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Bettina Magdalena Gyr MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Reasons for Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of parts of your natural knee joint and replacing them with artificial parts known as prostheses. Knee replacement is a very common procedure used to repair your knee joint.Many conditions can make your doctor decide to...
- Muscular Dystrophy in Children
Muscular Dystrophy or MD is a genetic disorder which stops the body from producing enough proteins to develop the muscles and keep them healthy. This fault in the genetic structure slowly weakens the body as the person ages. It is really heartbreaking to hear a parent say, “My child has muscular...
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- Dr. L. kaleb Friend MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Nirav K Pandya MD747 52nd Street Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Coleen S. Sabatini MDUniversity Of California San Francisco San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jason Edward Jagodzinski M.D.2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Ozgur Dede M.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143