Dr. Elana J Bernstein M.D.
Rheumatologist | RheumatologyMassachusetts General Hospital 55 Fruit Street Boston MA, 02114
Dr. Elana Bernstein is a rheumatologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Bernstein specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Bernstein treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2010
- Treating rheumatoid arthritis to target: an international initiative.
- Erratum to: Treating rheumatoid arthritis to target: an international initiative.
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: a systemic fibrosing disease resulting from gadolinium exposure.
- Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis is associated with hypophosphataemia: a case-control study.
- Cardiac metabolomics and autopsy in a patient with early diffuse systemic sclerosis presenting with dyspnea: a case report.
- MemberAmerican College of Rheumatology Scleroderma Foundation Alpha Omega Alpha Pulmonary Hypertension Ass
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Hospital for Special Surgery
Dr. Elana J Bernstein M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. Elana J Bernstein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bernstein
- Early Stages of Lyme Disease
Lyme’s disease is acquired from the deer ticks which act as its host. The main cause, though, is a bacteria of the Borrelia type that is found in the tick saliva, and then transferred to humans whenever the tick bites.How do you contract Lyme disease?Deer ticks come in contact with humans in the...
- What Causes Wrist Pain?
Wrist pain is a common complaint caused by a number of factors that result from injuries or diseases. Identifying the underlying cause is crucial in the management of pain, as treatment depends on the root cause and severity of the condition. Wrist pain may range from a dull ache to a sharp,...
- Aquatic Therapy for Arthritis
Arthritis is causes pain in an individual's joints. This pain is often aggravated by movement or activity. Therefore, some people with arthritis don’t want to move or exercise when they have arthritis or joint pain. It is understandable that movement and exercise could intensify the pain brought...
- Fibromyalgia vs. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Fatigue is the primary symptom of both fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. This symptom is prominent in both conditions, which is why many doctors believe that one condition is actually linked or associated with the other. Another similarity is the age of occurrence. Both fibromyalgia and CFS...
- The Latest Advancements in Treatment and Research for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Patients and providers alike are often faced with unique challenges when it comes to treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). The disease is not well understood, there is no cure, and treatments often require a trial and error process.Luckily, technology and research are constantly advancing...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Sufferers Can Now Live A “Normal” Life
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease that affects the joints, resulting in pain, stiffness, and inflammation. 1% of the global population is affected by this disease, out of which 1.3 million individuals are living in the United States alone. ...
- Dr. Vivian P. Bykerk VIVIAN BYKERK MD535 East 70th Street New York New York 10021
- Dr. Timothy Edward Mcalindon MD MPH750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Michael E Weinblatt MD75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Robert A. Lafyatis MD725 Albany St Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Donald L Kleykamp MD27 Centennial Dr Peabody MA 01960
- Dr. Marcin Andrzej Trojanowski MD1530 3rd Avenue South Birmingham AL 35294