Dr. Elizabeth De la riva-velasco practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Hawthorne, NY. Dr. De la riva-velasco treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School 2003
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Sleep Apnea
- Down Syndrome
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Atlantic Health Program
Dr. Elizabeth De la riva-velasco M.D.'s Practice location
Hawthorne, NY 10532Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth De la riva-velasco M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- How to Know if It’s Croup or Whoop
Croup is often characterized by a barking cough sound, which resembles the sound produced by seals. This childhood condition is often caused by a virus that often starts from the nose or mouth, and goes down to the vocal cords and windpipe. The affected areas become inflamed, swollen, and sore that...
- Home Treatments for Croup
Children, especially the younger ones are prone to have croup. It is a viral infection that causes swelling and inflammation of the vocal cords. Croup is characterized by a bad cough that resembles a barking seal and difficulty in breathing. The virus that causes croup is also the same virus that...
- Asthmatic Bronchitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
IntroductionEvery time you inhale, air enters your nose and mouth, and then flows down the throat through the air passageways called as bronchial tubes. For the air to reach the lungs, these passageways need to be open. To transport the oxygen to the tissues of the body, oxygen is passed into the...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Croup?
Croup is a common viral illness that affects children, and is characterized by symptoms that include a runny nose and an extreme cough. This viral infection affects the voice box and the wind pipe and may lead to obstruction in breathing. The vocal cords are swollen and as air is forced through this...
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- Dr. Agnes Q Banquet MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Nadav Traeger MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Suzette Gjonaj MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Yehudit Pollack MD22 SAW MILL RIVER RD HAWTHORNE NY 10532
- Dr. Youngsook Cathy Kim MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Christy Kim MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532