Dr. Luis Seguias is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Kissimmee, FL. Dr. Seguias specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
Education and Training
Univ Central, Esc De Med "Jm Vargas", Caracas, Venezuela 1989
Central University Of Venezuela, Luis Razetti School Of Medicine
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- MemberAMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
- Member SOCIEDAD VENEZOLANA DE PUERICULTURA Y PEDIATRIA
- Member INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY
- FellowAmerican Academy of Pediatrics (2010)
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Pediatric Nephrology; A Einstein Coll M-Yeshiva U, Pediatrics; Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Pediatric Nephrology
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals 1996
- Universidad Central De Venezuela, Rural Medicine 1990
- Universidad Central De Venezuela, Pediatrics 1993
- Montefiore Medical Center 1997
- PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI, MIAMI, FL 1997
- PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY, ALBERT EINSTEIN COLLEGE, BRONX, NY 1994
- Hospital de Ninos JM Rios, Pediatric Nephrology 1994
- Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center, Pediatric Nephrology 1996
- University of Miami Hosp. & Clinics, Pediatric Nephrology 1998
Dr. Luis Fernando Seguias M.D.'s Practice location
Kissimmee, FL 34741Get Direction
GAINESVILLE, FL 32610Get Direction
Dr. Luis Fernando Seguias M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Crohn's Disease: "I Felt Like I'd Eaten Knives"
Jean Alys Barker, Baroness Trumpington, has been an important figure in the political landscape of the United Kingdom for decades. Her grandson, Chris, has Crohn’s disease.The 95 year old Baroness has retired from politics, but was a recent guest editor on BBC’s Today show. Her segment about her...
- This Ovarian Cancer Survivor Advises Women to Stay True to Themselves
Those who have been through cancer often have some of the best advice on how to live life, as they have come so close to losing their own. This often creates an ability to distinguish what is important and what isn't, and Pam Scarpino now knows what is most important: staying true to oneself.Pam's...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Dr. Norman Dale Pryor M.D.203 Ernestine St Orlando FL 32801
- Dr. Deogracias R Pena MD1500 Cooper St Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Jeffery Alan Johnson MD501 S Buena Vista St Burbank CA 91505
- Dr. Robert S. Mathias MD1717 S. Orange Ave. Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Carlos E. Araya MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Jorge A. Ramirez MD83 W Columbia St Orlando FL 32806