Dr. Maria Figarola practices Pediatric Radiology in Mobile, AL. A pediatric radiologist is an expert in the diagnosis of illnesses, injuries, and diseases of infants, children, and adolescents, using imaging techniques and equipment. Dr. Figarola has expertise in selecting the best imaging techniques to diagnose medical and surgical problems. Some of those techniques include x-ray, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and nuclear medicine.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1989
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR- Pediatric Radiology
- Pediatric case of the day. Tuberculous osteomyelitis with skull involvement and epidural abscess.
- Pediatric case of the day. Osteogenic sarcoma as a second malignancy with bilateral hereditary retinoblastoma.
- Pediatric case of the day. Renal cell carcinoma in a child with tuberous sclerosis.
- Pediatric case of the day. Extrarenal rhabdoid tumor of the pelvis.
- Candida lusitaniae and chronic granulomatous disease.
- Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med, Pediatric Radiology; Mem Hlth-Univ Med Ctr, Diagnostic Radiology; Baptist Hlth System Inc, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Maria S. Figarola MD's Practice location
Mobile, AL 36604Get Direction
Dr. Maria S. Figarola MD's reviewsWrite Review
- New Cell Therapy Shows Promise as Potential Lymphoma Fighter
Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL) is a particular form of lymphoma (cancer involving the lymph nodes) that has begun to affect more and more patients across the world. Unlike most cancers, there have been a large amount of success stories of treatment options that help patients beat the disease....
- Is Authoritative Parenting Healthy?
A Brief HistoryDiane Baumrind, a clinical and developmental psychologist, first defined authoritative parenting style in a system that classifies how parents raise their children. According to Baumrind, parenting has three major approaches, which are:...
- Alternative Treatments for Tennis Elbow
Alternative Treatment for Tennis ElbowTennis elbow is a condition that affects the elbow joints. It causes pain and irritation around this area. It is mostly found in people engaging in frequent use of the arms, especially if it is repetitive. For example, people playing golf or tennis. It is also...
- Lifestyle Tips for People with Sleep Apnea
People with sleep apnea disorder may not be aware of the problem at all. In most cases, they think they are getting good sleep but are then tired throughout the day. Here are a few ways to help change lifestyle habits to cope with sleep apnea.Lose weightHaving a poor night of sleep induces higher...
- What is MyPlate Campaign?
MyPlate is the new model and symbol of healthy eating. Introduced by the US Department of Agriculture, MyPlate is an effort to make healthy eating simpler and more popular. In this campaign the food pyramid is replaced by an icon of plate that indicates what should be present in your meal plate. It...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...