Dr. James Daniel Geyer M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist | Sleep Medicine100 Rice Mine Road Loop Suite 301 Tuscaloosa AL, 35406
Dr. James Geyer practices Sleep Medicine in Tuscaloosa, AL. Dr. Geyer studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Dr. James Daniel Geyer M.D.'s Practice location
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406Get Direction
Dr. James Daniel Geyer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Geyer
- Texas Rangers First Baseman Speaks About His Struggle with Sleep Apnea
Mike Napoli started his professional baseball career back in 2001, but it was not until 2006 that he debuted in the Major League Baseball, which was a milestone for him as he hit a homerun in his first match. His career continued to soar in the following years. However, in 2014, he suffered from few...
- Sleep Apnea's Impact on a Patient's Heart
Though sleep apnea often causes atrial fibrillation, there is a lack of awareness.Neglecting sleep disorders is easy. They are widely prevalent, and yet poorly diagnosed and an underrated risk factor for many health conditions. Sleep apnea, one of the most common sleep disorders touches 3-7% of the...
- This Combination of Medications May Help Ease Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Sleep apnea causes you to stop breathing briefly dozens of times every night. It is a serious condition that causes daytime fatigue, high blood pressure, and heart problems. Having sleep apnea also increases your risk of insulin resistance, also known as type 2 diabetes. If you are unable to sleep...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machines: Full Face Masks, BiPAP, and ResMed S10
What is sleep apnea?Sleep apnea is a serious form of sleep disorder that occurs when a person's breathing is often interrupted while sleeping. The brain and other parts of the body do not get enough of oxygen when sleep apnea remains untreated. There are two main types of sleep apnea:...
- Restless Legs Syndrome: The Treatment Options
Restless legs syndrome that’s not connected to an underlying condition whatsoever, can effectively be managed with certain medications and lifestyle changes. However, if the accompanying symptoms are extremely severe, they can be cured by treating the underlying condition. For instance, iron...
- Why do I have Chronic Fatigue?
“People often come to doctors because of chronic tiredness. It is one of the most common complaints that bring them to the doctor”, says J. Fred Ralston Jr., MD, an internist practicing in western Tennessee and past president of the American College of Physicians. Ralston adds that there are...
- Dr. Ranju Chandrashekariah M.D.701 UNIVERSITY BLVD E TUSCALOOSA AL 35401
- Dr. Richard M Snow MD701 University Blvd East Tuscaloosa AL 35401
- Dr. Narayan Krishnamurthy MD100 Town Center Blvd Tuscaloosa AL 35406
- Dr. Kyathanahally M. Dinesh chandra M.D.701 University Blvd E Tuscaloosa AL 35401
- Dr. Syed S Aslam MD701 University Blvd E Tuscaloosa AL 35401