Dr. James J Link DDS
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon651 Helen Keller Blvd Tuscaloosa AL, 35404
Dr. James Link is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Tuscaloosa, AL. Dr. Link specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Link is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Link are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Dr. James J Link DDS's Practice location
- 5 Tips on Living with Prostate Cancer
5 Tips on Living with Prostate CancerBeing diagnosed with cancer is a blow to the lives of very many men. Some think that once they have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it is the end of their lives. This is not true. Someone can be have prostate cancer and still manage to live a happy and...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Dr. Kenneth C Guffey D.M.D, M.D.1701 Mcfarland Blvd E Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- John Rhodes Farnham M.D., D.M.D.651 HELEN KELLER BLVD TUSCALOOSA AL 35404
- Dr. Walter Ronald Mcilwain MD, DMD651 Helen Keller Blvd Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- Dr. John Terry Carlson DMD, MD651 Helen Keller Blvd Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- Dr. Stevan Craig Fairburn MD, DMD651 Helen Keller Blvd Tuscaloosa AL 35404
- Dr. Matthew Loeb DMD651 HELEN KELLER BLVD TUSCALOOSA AL 35404