Dr. Mark Gibbs is a general surgeon practicing in Little Rock, AR. Dr. Gibbs specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Gibbs provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ar Coll of Med, Little Rock Ar 1981
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine 1981
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Gastric Bypass Surgery, Surgical Procedures
- Hiatal Hernia
- Venous Insufficiency
- Umbilical Hernia
- Ventral Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Truman Med Ctr-West, General Surgery; Baylor Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Truman Medical Centers
- KCUMB-COMEC/UMKC/Truman Medical Center Lakewood Program
Dr. Mark R Gibbs MD's Practice location
Little Rock, AR 72205Get Direction
Dr. Mark R Gibbs MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gibbs
- What are the Risks of an Appendectomy?
Sometimes the appendix develops complications. When that happens, the patient usually experiences intense pain in the lower abdomen. This requires immediate medical attention to prevent the appendix from bursting. This whole emergency condition is known as appendicitis.Appendicitis refers to the...
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- Appendectomy Aftercare
What is an Appendectomy?The appendix is a pouch-like organ situated in the lower right abdomen in the first part of the large intestine. The importance or function that is carried out by this structure is not very clear, hence it is referred to as a "vestigial structure". When the appendix causes...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- What Are the Risks to Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is a medical procedure that is aimed to treat a knee joint that has been damaged due to arthritis or other complications. Arthritis is a condition that results from the breakdown of joint cartilage plus the underlying bone. Knee replacement surgery is used when other means...
- What Is a Partial Hysterectomy?
In a Complete Hysterectomy, both the Uterus and Cervix are removed to afford symptomatic relief to the patient. When the Cervix remains in the pelvic region after surgery, it then becomes a Partial or Supracervical hysterectomy. The kind of surgery that one opts for is wholly dependent on the health...
- Dr. Emilio Tirado M D500 S University Ave Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Carl J Gilbert MD500 S University Ave Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Michael Marion Pollock MD9500 Kanis Road Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Lewis E Porter M.D.5 MEDICAL PARK DR BENTON AR 72015
- Dr. Eric M Paul M.D.9500 Kanis Road Little Rock AR 72205
- Dr. Chris M Cate MD9500 Kanis Road Little Rock AR 72205