Dr. Cynthia Christy is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Rochester, NY. Dr. Christy specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1979
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Infectious Diseases; Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Pediatrics; Univ Of Ky Hosp, Pediatrics
- University of Kentucky College of Medicine,Lexington, Ky, United States 1983
- University of Rochester Rochester 1984
- Strong Memorial Hospital 1983
- University of Rochester Rochester 1987
Dr. Cynthia Christy M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, NY 14621Get Direction
Dr. Cynthia Christy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Rubella?
Commonly known as German measles, Rubella is an infection caused by a virus and its symptoms include red rashes on the body along-with fever, headache, muscle pain, a runny nose. Sometimes, swollen nymph nodes can also be seen. It is a contagious infection and can spread from one person to...
- How Do I Protect My Baby From Mumps?
How do I protect my baby from mumps?The virus of mumps is an airborne virus, which means that it spreads quickly between children and adults unless they have been vaccinated. Mumps is a common childhood illness. Your baby is protected from mumps when he/she has already has this infection or has been...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- What if I Do Not Want My Child to Undergo MMR Vaccination?
The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is recommended for all children as it is the safest, most effective way to protect children against three diseases that can have serious, even fatal, consequences. Measles is a highly contagious viral infection whose initial symptoms include fever,...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- Dr. Julianne V Green MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Mary T Caserta MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Melanie A Wellington MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Francis Gigliotti MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Geoffrey A Weinberg MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Christopher M Oberholzer MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642