Dr. John H. Makari MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology282 Washington St Suite 2e Hartford CT, 06106
Dr. John Makari practices Pediatric Urology in Hartford, CT. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Makari is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Makari performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
The Ohio State University College of Medicine MD
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
- Evaluation of superficial bladder transitional-cell carcinoma by optical coherence tomography.
- Pediatric urologic oncology: organ-sparing surgery in kidney and testis.
- The need for additional procedures in patients undergoing proximal hypospadias repairs as reported in the pediatric health information system database.
- Oncology: the role of partial nephrectomy in Wilms tumor.
- Paratesticular inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor in a pediatric patient.
- Objective pain assessment after ureteral reimplantation: comparison of open versus robotic approach.
- Future directions in risk stratification and therapy for advanced pediatric genitourinary rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Problems with Urination
- Wetting (Day and Night)
- Nuerogenic Bladder
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Abnormal urination
- Urinary Frequency
- Painful Urination
- Spina Bifida
- Blood in the Urine
- Prenatal diagnosis of urinary obstructions (hydronephrosis)
- Stones in Urinary Tract
- Disorders of Sexual differntiation (Intersex disorders)
- Kidney (cystic kidney diseases, malformations, obstructions)
- Tumors and cancer (absent kidney, duplication anomalies, horshoe kidney, hydronephrosis, pelvic kidney, reflux, stones)
- Ureters (blockages, duplication anomalies, hydronephrosis, megaureters, reflux, stones, stictures)
- Bladder (diverticulum, exstrophy and epispadias, obstruction, reflux, tumors and cancer)
- Penis (abnormal development, abnormal urinary stream, adhesions, chordee, circumcision, epispadias, hidden penis, hypospadias, injury, meatal stenosis, micropenis, newborn cicumcision, phimosis, webbed penis)
- Testis and groin (absent testis, epididymitis, hernias, hydroceles, infections, retractile testes, spermatoceles, pain, torsion, undescended, varicoceles)
- Female Genital Disorders (abnormal development, labial adhesions, urinary and genital birth defects)
- And more
- Trauma/Injury to any part of the urogenital system
- George Washington University 2001
Experience & Accolades
- ResidencyGeorge Washington University
Dr. John H. Makari MD's Practice location
Hartford, CT 06106Get Direction
OMAHA, NE 68114Get Direction
Farmington, CT 06032Get Direction
Shelton, CT 06484Get Direction
Tarrytown, NY 10591Get Direction
Dr. John H. Makari MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Makari
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Dr. Carl K Gjertson M.D.263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Dr. Christina Kim MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Eric Donald Nelson M.D.282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Sarah Rebecca Marietti shepherd M.D.263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Dr. Phillip P Smith M.D.263 FARMINGTON AVE FARMINGTON CT 06030
- Dr. Fernando Ferrer MD10 Birdseye Road Farmington CT 06032