Dr. Joe Mcfarlane is a pathologist practicing in Springfield, OR. Dr. Mcfarlane is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Mcfarlane can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Mcfarlane may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine 2002
Dr. Joe Robert Mcfarlane MD's Practice location
Springfield, OR 97477Get Direction
Dr. Joe Robert Mcfarlane MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Dr. Michael G Herz M.D.123 International Way Springfield OR 97477
- Dr. Daniel P. Kerrigan M.D.123 International Way Springfield OR 97477
- Dr. David S. Meyers M.D.123 International Way Springfield OR 97477
- Dr. Lamont A. Wettstein M.D.123 International Way Springfield OR 97477
- Dr. Brittany L Pakalniskis M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael J. Hahn M.D.755 E 11th Ave Eugene OR 97401