Dr. Stuart Kevin Amateau MD, PHD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO, 80045
Dr. Stuart Amateau is a gastroenterologist practicing in Aurora, CO. Dr. Amateau specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Amateau performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2009
- Cytoarchitecture of vocal control nuclei in nestling budgerigars: relationships to call development.
- Steroid modulation of astrocytes in the neonatal brain: implications for adult reproductive function.
- A novel mechanism of dendritic spine plasticity involving estradiol induction of prostaglandin-E2.
- Sexual differentiation of astrocyte morphology in the developing rat preoptic area.
- Brain estradiol content in newborn rats: sex differences, regional heterogeneity, and possible de novo synthesis by the female telencephalon.
- Estradiol modulation of astrocytes and the establishment of sex differences in the brain.
- Induction of PGE2 by estradiol mediates developmental masculinization of sex behavior.
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas: changing perspective of the impact of surgery on patient outcome.
- Successful Endoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Alcohol Ablation of Sporadic Insulinoma Using Three-Dimensional Targeting (with Video).
- Novel endoscopic management of a pancreatico-biliary limb obstruction by the creation of an entero-enterostomy following Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
- Videoconferencing for multidisciplinary evaluation in single-session cholecystectomy and ERCP.
- Treatment of Diffuse Esophageal Squamous Papillomatosis with Cryotherapy.
- Palliative Decompression of a Symptomatic Mucinous Adenocarcinoma of the Pancreas.
- Outcomes of Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and Sphincterotomy for Suspected Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD) Post Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass.
- Percutaneous cecostomy with fully covered self-expandable metal stent for initial management of severe malignant colon obstruction.
- Vocal control pathways through the anterior forebrain of a parrot (Melopsittacus undulatus).
- Division of Gastroenterology, Johns Hopkins Hospital 2010 Chief Fellow
- Johns Hopkins Hospital 2009 Distinguished Teaching Fellow
- Workshop on Steroid Hormones and Brain Function 2003 Young Investigator Award
- Workshop on Steroid Hormones and Brain Function @ @ 2003 Young Investigator Award
- Biliary Disorders (gallbladder And Bile Ducts), Cancer, Colorectal Cancer (colon Cancer) And More
- Board Member American College of Gastroenterology
- Board Member American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member American Gastroenterology Association -
- Johns Hopkins University Affiliated Hospitals 2008
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Program, Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology 2011
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Program, Therapeutic Endoscopy 2012
Experience & Accolades
- Assistant Professor2012School of Medicine, Medicine, Gastroenterology
Dr. Stuart Kevin Amateau MD, PHD's Practice location
Aurora, CO 80045Get Direction
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55455Get Direction
Dr. Stuart Kevin Amateau MD, PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Amateau
- What Is Traveler's Diarrhea?
Traveler’s diarrhea is an infection of the stomach or intestine caused by consuming contaminated food and water. This travel-related infection is commonly seen in developing countries. Traveler's diarrhea is also known as Turista, Delhi Belly, and Montezuma's Revenge in other parts of the world....
- Gastroenteritis in Children: Signs of Dehydration
Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that is caused by poorly prepared foods, contaminated water, etc. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, and vomiting.What causes it?Gastro is caused by viruses. They include:• Rotavirus• AdenovirusHow is the gastroenteritis virus passed?Children can...
- Treatment for Cholera
Cholera is a contagious infection that affects mostly the intestines apart from other parts of the body. The infection is known to cause severe effects to its victims, and it has claimed the lives of thousands of people every year. Although the illness is dangerous and severe, somehow not many...
- How Long Does the Stomach Flu Last?
What is a stomach flu?Gastroenteritis, also known as the "stomach flu" or "gastric flu", is the inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines. It is usually caused by a virus attacking the gastrointestinal system, although it can also be brought about by bacterial or parasitic...
- 5 Tips on Living with Diarrhea
What is Diarrhea?Diarrhea refers to a waterborne disease in which the stools become loose and watery. It’s a very common disease and one which isn’t usually serious. A lot of people suffer from it very often, and it is one of the most uncomfortable conditions to be in. Symptoms of diarrhea...
- Foods to Avoid When Suffering From IBS
IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a common functional disorder of the gut. A functional disorder means that there is a problem with the function of a body part but not its structure. IBS affects the large intestines. It causes cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. IBS...
- Robert Matthew Reveille16037 W Ellsworth Lane Golden Colorado 80401
- Dr. Erik J Pieramici M.D10103 Ridgegate Pkwy Lone Tree CO 80124
- Dr. Stephen Freeman MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Joel S Levine MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Mary A Kovalak MD88 Inverness Cir E Englewood CO 80112
- Dr. John S Goff M.D.7000 W Colfax Ave Denver CO 80214