Dr. Shreekanth V. Karwande MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT, 84132
Dr. Shreekanth Karwande is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Karwande specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Karwande typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Avoidance of cellular blood product transfusions in LVAD recipients does not prevent HLA allosensitization.
- Aprotinin preserves myocardial biochemical function during cold storage through suppression of tumor necrosis factor.
- Mitral and tricuspid valve rupture after moderate blunt chest trauma.
- Improved biochemical preservation of lung slices during cold storage.
- Patch closure of the aortic anulus in a recipient of a ventricular assist device.
- Interleukin-18 production following murine cardiac transplantation: correlation with histologic rejection and the induction of INF-gamma.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting with cardiopulmonary bypass versus off-pump cardiopulmonary bypass grafting: does eliminating the pump reduce morbidity and cost?
- PDGF(BB) increases myocardial production of VEGF: shift in VEGF mRNA splice variants after direct injection of bFGF, PDGF(BB), and PDGF(AB).
- Early experience with sirolimus in lung transplant recipients with chronic allograft rejection.
- Improved biochemical preservation of heart slices during cold storage.
- Beta-adrenergic neuroeffector abnormalities in the failing human heart are produced by local rather than systemic mechanisms.
- Bilateral anterior thoracotomy for automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillator placement in patients with previous sternotomy.
- Saphenous vein graft pseudoaneurysm presenting as a mediastinal mass.
- Growing pulmonary nodule with increased 18-fluorodeoxyglucose uptake in a former smoker.
- Simplified muscle-sparing thoracotomy for patent ductus arteriosus ligation in neonates.
- Erie Co Med Ctr, General Surgery; Cook County Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Shreekanth V. Karwande MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84124Get Direction
Dr. Shreekanth V. Karwande MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Karwande
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Dr. Amit Patel MD30 North 1900 East Salt Lake City Utah 84132
- Dr. Michael P Collins MD5169 S COTTONWOOD ST SALT LAKE CITY UT 84107
- Dr. Rafe C Connors MD30 N 1900 E Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Bruce Bennett Reid MD324 10th Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103
- Dr. Aditya K Kaza MD100 Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Stephen Eugene Clayson MD324 10th Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103