Aiden Eliot Shearer M.D., PH.D.
Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)200 Hawkins Dr Dept. Of Otolaryngol Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Aiden Shearer is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Shearer specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Bacterial spore inhibition and inactivation in foods by pressure, chemical preservatives, and mild heat.
- Evaluation of a polymerase chain reaction-based system for detection of Salmonella enteritidis, Escherichia coli O157:H7, Listeria spp., and Listeria monocytogenes on fresh fruits and vegetables.
- A novel splice site mutation in the RDX gene causes DFNB24 hearing loss in an Iranian family.
- Mutations in the first MyTH4 domain of MYO15A are a common cause of DFNB3 hearing loss.
- A novel mutation in COCH-implications for genotype-phenotype correlations in DFNA9 hearing loss.
- Mutations in TMC1 are a common cause of DFNB7/11 hearing loss in the Iranian population.
- Loss-of-function mutations of ILDR1 cause autosomal-recessive hearing impairment DFNB42.
- Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 16 interacts with
- DFNA8/12 caused by TECTA mutations is the most identified subtype of nonsyndromic autosomal dominant hearing loss.
- Deafness in the genomics era.
- Solution-based targeted genomic enrichment for precious DNA samples.
- Screening for MYO15A gene mutations in autosomal recessive nonsyndromic, GJB2 negative Iranian deaf population.
- Genetics: advances in genetic testing for deafness.
- Pre-capture multiplexing improves efficiency and cost-effectiveness of targeted genomic enrichment.
- TBC1D24 mutation causes autosomal-dominant nonsyndromic hearing loss.
Aiden Eliot Shearer M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
BOSTON, MA 02115Get Direction
- Can Laryngitis Be Accompanied by a Cough?
The inflammation of the voice box (larynx) is what is known as laryngitis. Usually, laryngitis heals in a week without the need of treatment.Laryngitis symptoms start unexpectedly and normally worsen in two to three days. The symptoms include:...
- Is Vertigo a Temporary Condition?
Vertigo may be a temporary or permanent condition, which may all depend on its causative factor. Vertigo is a form of dizziness in which a person experiences a sensation of spinning or whirling motion. The two types of vertigo are subjective and objective. In subjective vertigo, a person feels as...
- Reasons Why You Need a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure performed to get rid of one's tonsils. The same procedure can be used to remove the adenoids. For adults, the administration of a local anesthesia to numb the throat is enough. However, children may have to be given general anesthesia, which makes them...
- What Are Taste Buds?
IntroductionHave you ever wondered why a particular type of food tastes so good? Your taste buds let you recognize different food flavors such as the saltiness of chips and the sweetness of candies or doughnuts. According to ancient Greek view, that there are seven basic tastes, which consist of...
- What to Expect After an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?The adenoids are found in the upper back part of the mouth known as nasopharynx. You cannot possibly see adenoids through the nose. They are more like the tonsils. They also produce white cells which help fight harmful germs that get into the body through the nose or the mouth....
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Strep Throat
Treatments for Strep Throat Strep throat is a bacterial disease that affects the tonsils and the throat. It is an infection characterized by inflammation of the throat that leads to a sudden and severe sore throat, and is mainly caused by a bacterium known as streptococcus, hence its name, strep...
- Dr. David K. Gallegos M.D.200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Andrew Mitchell Rampey M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael Steven Telisak M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. John D Clinger M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Bruce J Gantz MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Erin K O'brien MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242