Dr. Roger Scott Rittmaster M.D.
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism42 William Glen Dr Camden ME, 04843
Dr. Roger Rittmaster practices Endocrinology in Camden, ME. Dr. Rittmaster specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Rittmaster examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1976
Tufts University School of Medicine 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Antiandrogen treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Androgen-induced regrowth in the castrated rat ventral prostate: role of 5alpha-reductase.
- Prostatic involution in men taking finasteride is associated with elevated levels of insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBPs)-2, -4, and -5 .
- Dihydrotestosterone and the concept of 5alpha-reductase inhibition in human benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Enhancement of bone mass in osteoporotic women with parathyroid hormone followed by alendronate.
- Dihydrotestosterone and the concept of 5alpha-reductase inhibition in human
- [Dihydrotestosterone and the role of 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors in benign prostatic hyperplasia].
- 5alpha-reductase type 1 immunostaining is enhanced in some prostate cancers compared with benign prostatic hyperplasia epithelium.
- Dutasteride, the dual 5alpha-reductase inhibitor, inhibits androgen action and promotes cell death in the LNCaP prostate cancer cell line.
- Effect of the dual 5alpha-reductase inhibitor dutasteride on markers of tumor regression in prostate cancer.
- Hyperandrogenism--what is normal?
- Effect of dutasteride on the detection of prostate cancer in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Differential alterations in 5alpha-reductase type 1 and type 2 levels during development and progression of prostate cancer.
- Relationship among serum testosterone, sexual function, and response to treatment in men receiving dutasteride for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- DMP1 mutations in autosomal recessive hypophosphatemia implicate a bone matrix protein in the regulation of phosphate homeostasis.
- Clinical Ctr At The Nih, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism; Maine Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Maine Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Maine Medical Center Program
Dr. Roger Scott Rittmaster M.D.'s Practice location
Camden, ME 04843Get Direction
Dr. Roger Scott Rittmaster M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rittmaster
- Dietary Supplements for Diabetes
What is diabetes?Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, which involves a problem with the hormone called insulin. The pancreas, which is situated behind the stomach, releases insulin to help the body store and then later use sugar and fat from the food we eat. The occurrence of diabetes happens when...
- Mindfulness May Help Lower Blood Sugar Levels in Diabetes Patients
According to the UK diabetes study, those who have diabetes but control their blood pressure are 30% less likely to experience complications caused by the disease. These complications include strokes and heart attack.Being overweight can be stressful which can worsen obesity-related diseases. This...
- Understanding the Risk of Amputations with Diabetes
It is not uncommon for some of the conditions that exist today to cause other chronic ailments. This is often known as a comorbidity, which can be defined as the existence of two chronic conditions or diseases at a time in a patient. For some instances, the repercussions may not significantly...
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
Testosterone therapy may help to improve a man's energy level, sex drive, and mood, if he has low levels of testosterone in his body. However, testosterone replacement therapy is only recommended for those who have the symptoms of low levels of this hormone.Symptoms of low testosterone levelsThe...
- Are You at Risk for Developing Gestational Diabetes?
Diabetes is a very complex condition, which may occur at any age, in any point of our lives, even during pregnancy.Gestational diabetes is a disease acquired by pregnant women who have high blood glucose levels during pregnancy. This condition is usually developed around the 24th week of pregnancy,...
- Does Drinking Coffee Every Day Help Prolong Life?
For coffee-lovers, sometimes drinking coffee on a regular basis may make them feel guilty. Having a daily cup of coffee will definitely make them think they need to cut it down at some point. However, on the contrary, they might actually be extending their lives. A handful of studies and research...