Dr. Giannoula Lakka Klement MD
Hematologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Hematology-Oncology800 Washington St Floating Hospital Fo Boston MA, 02111
Dr. Giannoula Klement is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Klement specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Klement treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Klement can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
Education and Training
McMaster University / Faculty of Health Sciences 1992
McMaster University Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine 1992
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Platelet-associated PF-4 as a biomarker of early tumor growth.
- Angiogenesis is regulated by a novel mechanism: pro- and antiangiogenic proteins are organized into separate platelet alpha granules and differentially released.
- Megakaryocyte-derived microparticles: direct visualization and distinction from platelet-derived microparticles.
- Pharmacological treatment of a diffuse arteriovenous malformation of the upper extremity in a child.
- Autologous bone marrow stem cell transplantation in patients with end-stage chronical critical limb ischemia and diabetic foot.
- Cell therapy, a new standard in management of chronic critical limb ischemia and foot ulcer.
- Normal ranges of angiogenesis regulatory proteins in human platelets.
- The role of angiogenesis in the transformation of plexiform neurofibroma into malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors in children with neurofibromatosis type 1.
- Nontoxic, fiscally responsible, future of oncology: could it be beginning in the Third World?
- Hyperthermia inhibits platelet hemostatic functions and selectively regulates the release of alpha-granule proteins.
- Isolation and proteomic analysis of platelets by SELDI-TOF MS.
- Acidosis downregulates platelet haemostatic functions and promotes neutrophil proinflammatory responses mediated by platelets.
- VEGF, PF4 and PDGF are elevated in platelets of colorectal cancer patients.
- Cancer Therapy Targeting the HER2-PI3K Pathway: Potential Impact on the Heart.
- Center of cancer systems biology second annual workshop--tumor metronomics: timing and dose level dynamics.
- Brain Tumor
- Birth Defects
- Dermal Aesthetics
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Natural Hormone Balancing
Dr. Giannoula Lakka Klement MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02111Get Direction
Dr. Giannoula Lakka Klement MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Klement
- Hypnotherapy as an Effective Treatment for Fibromyalgia
There exists a group of people in the world who are in a state of constant and chronic pain. These individuals, suffering from a disease called fibromyalgia, are frequently experiencing bouts of musculoskeletal pain, alongside several psychological symptoms that stem from said pains. Those that...
- What Is a Sapiosexual?
Sapiosexual: The DefinitionSapiosexual is derived from the Latin word sapiens, which means intelligent or wise, and sexualis, which relates to the sexes. A sapiosexual, or less popularly called as sapiophile, is an individual who is attracted to or aroused by the intelligence of other people....
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Dr. Cathy G Rosenfield MD750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Jason Law M. D.800 Washington Street Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Maria Pelidis MD750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Michael James Kelly M.D.800 Washington St # 14 Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Michael Warren Kent MD750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Lawrence C Wolfe M.D.750 Washington Street Boston MA 02111