Dr. Robert Pintozzi M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology9831 S Western Ave Chicago IL, 60643
Dr. Robert Pintozzi is a gastroenterologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Pintozzi specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Pintozzi performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1984
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Hepatitis C
- Vascular Disease
- Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Program
Dr. Robert Pintozzi M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Robert Pintozzi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pintozzi
- Celiac Disease Patients No Longer Considered High-Risk for Cancer
How celiac disease can affect the bodyThere have been numerous studies that were conducted to show the effects that celiac disease might or might not have in relation to the body. This particular one has looked into patients for a span of ten years, measuring how different conditions developed...
- How Is Hepatitis C Transmitted?
Hepatitis CHepatitis C causes inflammation of the liver. The incubation period of the hepatitis C virus is 6-7 weeks. After the incubation period, symptoms begin to show. However, approximately 80 percent of people with acute hepatitis may show no symptoms. Other types of hepatitis are hepatitis A...
- Know the Symptoms of Colon Cancer
In order to recognize if you have colon cancer, it is vital to know the signs and symptoms of colon cancer. However, most of the symptoms caused by a carcinoma of the colon can also be seen with other diseases that isn’t a cancer, such as hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, and infections of...
- Stem Cell Infusion as Possible Crohn's Fistula Therapy
The most common type of fistula associated with Crohn’s are anal fistulas which create “narrow tears that extend from the muscles that control the anus (anal sphincters) up into the anal canal.”Fistulas are just one of many Crohn’s-related issues which are grouped into the category of...
- Radio Segment Shows Why Celiac Disease Awareness Is Needed
Recently a morning radio show in St. Louis broadcasted a segment called “Dirty Little Secrets.” A listener who worked at a bakery revealed she lied to customers by telling them there was no gluten in the baked goods they sold when gluten was actually an ingredient in their products. ...
- Rare Skin Condition Linked to Crohn’s Disease
A rare, chronic skin condition called hidradenitis suppurativa may be putting patients at risk for developing Crohn’s disease. According to recent evidence, hidradenitis suppurativa shares clinical and pathogenic features with Crohn’s disease, suggesting that the two chronic conditions may be...
- Dr. David N. Butler M.D.2001 South California Avenue Chicago Illinois 60608
- Dr. David C. Chua MD2900 Oakbrook Hills Road Oak Brook IL 60523
- Dr. Samuel Tesfay M.D.1425 South Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596
- Dr. Ilysa R Diamond DO1010 Lake Street Oak Park IL 60301
- Mr. Veslav Stecevic MD5701 Bow Pointe Drive Clarkston Michigan 48346
- Dr. Abdo M. Saad MD110 Lead Avenue Southeast Albuquerque New Mexico 87106