Dr. Lon Robert Hays MD, MBA
Geriatric Psychiatrist | Geriatric Psychiatry3470 Blazer Pkwy Lexington KY, 40509
Dr. Lon Hays is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Hays specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Hays helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1982
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Addiction Psychiatry
- Discriminative-stimulus effects of triazolam in light and moderate drinkers.
- Baclofen does not alter the reinforcing, subject-rated or cardiovascular effects of intranasal cocaine in humans.
- Adolescent OxyContin Abuse.
- A profile of OxyContin addiction.
- Acute administration of the GABA reuptake inhibitor tiagabine does not alter the effects of oral cocaine in humans.
- Aripiprazole attenuates the discriminative-stimulus and subject-rated effects of D-amphetamine in humans.
- Psychiatry in orthodontics. Part 1: Typical adolescent psychiatric disorders and their relevance to orthodontic practice.
- Psychiatry in orthodontics. Part 2: Substance abuse among adolescents and its relevance to orthodontic practice.
- Discriminative-stimulus effects of triazolam in women and men.
- Prescription opioid dependence and treatment with methadone in pregnancy.
- Safety, tolerability and subject-rated effects of acute intranasal cocaine administration during atomoxetine maintenance.
- Effects of potential agonist-replacement therapies for stimulant dependence on inhibitory control in cocaine abusers.
- The safety, tolerability, and subject-rated effects of acute intranasal cocaine administration during aripiprazole maintenance II: increased aripipirazole dose and maintenance period.
- Cocaine effects during D-amphetamine maintenance: a human laboratory analysis of safety, tolerability and efficacy.
- Substitution profile of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, triazolam, hydromorphone, and methylphenidate in humans discriminating Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
- Univ Of Ky Hosp-Chandler Mc, Psychiatry
Dr. Lon Robert Hays MD, MBA's Practice location
Lexington, KY 40509Get Direction
LEXINGTON, KY 40509Get Direction
Dr. Lon Robert Hays MD, MBA's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hays
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...