Dr. Douglas M Zerbe M.D.
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine200 1st St SW Rochester MN, 55905
Dr. Douglas Zerbe practices Geriatric Medicine in Rochester, MN. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Zerbe works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Education and Training
University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Member Minnesota Medical Association/Zumbro Valley
- Mayo Clinic 1978
- Fellow - Community Internal Medicine: Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine Internal Medicine
Dr. Douglas M Zerbe M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Douglas M Zerbe M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zerbe
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease (PD)?Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive neurological movement disorder, which means that the symptoms of this disease gradually get worse over time. The exact cause of the disease is still unknown. There is also no cure for this medical condition, but...
- Fast Walking for a Fast Memory
Take a Walk Down Memory LaneWalking speed and strength of hand grip can help predict the risk of stroke and memory problems in old age, says a new study. “This forms a very basic test to predict the odds of getting these conditions in old age," says Erica C. Camargo MD, PhD. A decrease in walking...
- Michael J. Fox's Impact on Parkinson’s Disease
Michael J. FoxMichael J. Fox, born as Michael Andrew Fox in 1961, is a Canadian-born actor, who received his breakthrough in Family Ties, an American sitcom. He consecutively received three Emmy awards as lead actor in this comedy series. He was the lead character in the adventure comedy film, Back...
- Aricept for Alzheimer's Disease: Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: DonepezilBrand Names: Aricept, Aricept ODTWhat is Aricept?Aricept (donepezil) is a medication used for the treatment of mild to moderate dementia due to Alzheimer's disease. This medication improves nerve function in the brain and works by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine,...
- Can You Get Nauseated from Being Dehydrated?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by not so severe dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs,...
- Facts About Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a common medical condition among older adults that affects the brain. It is also one of the most common forms of dementia. One of the common misconceptions associated with this disorder is that it is a disease of the elderly. While it is true that age is an important risk factor...
- Dr. Mohammad Albaba MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Elise C Carey M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. John H Davidson M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Bernard J Kuipers M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Robert D Ficalora M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Eric G Tangalos M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905