Dr. Sara M Shunkwiler M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology431 E Locust St Des Moines IA, 50309
Dr. Sara Shunkwiler is a pathologist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Shunkwiler is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Shunkwiler can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Shunkwiler may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Pilot of a hospice-based elective to learn comfort with dying patients in undergraduate medical education.
- Therapeutic plasma exchange and pregnancy: A case report and guidelines for performing plasma exchange in a pregnant patient.
- Use of standard laboratory methods to obviate routine dithiothreitol treatment of blood samples with daratumumab interference.
Dr. Sara M Shunkwiler M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Dr. Dale F. Andres DO1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Larry Joseph Heller MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Richard Kent Scupham MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Michael J Daly DO3200 Grand Ave Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Gregory Alan Schmunk M.D.1914 Carpenter Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Carolyn Su-ying Pease M.D.1111 6th Avenue Des Moines IA 50314