Dr. Sara M Shunkwiler M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology431 E Locust St Des Moines IA, 50309
Dr. Sara Shunkwiler is a pathologist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Shunkwiler is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Shunkwiler can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Shunkwiler may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Pilot of a hospice-based elective to learn comfort with dying patients in undergraduate medical education.
- Therapeutic plasma exchange and pregnancy: A case report and guidelines for performing plasma exchange in a pregnant patient.
- Use of standard laboratory methods to obviate routine dithiothreitol treatment of blood samples with daratumumab interference.
Dr. Sara M Shunkwiler M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Dr. Dale F. Andres DO1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Larry Joseph Heller MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Michael J Daly DO3200 Grand Ave Des Moines IA 50312
- Dr. Richard Kent Scupham MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Gregory Alan Schmunk M.D.1914 Carpenter Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Michael Matthews Baldwin MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309