Dr. Sara M Shunkwiler M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology431 E Locust St Des Moines IA, 50309
Dr. Sara Shunkwiler is a pathologist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Shunkwiler is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Shunkwiler can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Shunkwiler may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Pilot of a hospice-based elective to learn comfort with dying patients in undergraduate medical education.
- Therapeutic plasma exchange and pregnancy: A case report and guidelines for performing plasma exchange in a pregnant patient.
- Use of standard laboratory methods to obviate routine dithiothreitol treatment of blood samples with daratumumab interference.
Dr. Sara M Shunkwiler M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Dr. Larry Joseph Heller MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Richard Kent Scupham MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Caitlin Brianne Halverson M.D.1212 PLEASANT ST LOWR LEVEL3 DES MOINES IA 50309
- Dr. Kathleen Kelley Hansen MD1212 Pleasant # Ll3 Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Michael Matthews Baldwin MD1212 Pleasant Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Keith Alexander Smith D.O.431 E LOCUST ST DES MOINES IA 50309