Dr. R. Gary Lane, MD
Ophthalmologist9480 Huebner Rd Suite 310 San Antonio TX, 78240
Dr. R. Lane is an ophthalmologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Lane specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Lane can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Lane can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
University of Florida College of Medicine 1993
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Passive navigation from image sequences by use of a volumetric approach.
- Tip/tilt estimation from defocused images.
- Extended analysis of curvature sensing.
- Wave-front sensing from defocused images by use of wave-front slopes.
- Generalized scintillation detection and ranging results obtained by use of a modified inversion technique.
- Phase retrieval from subdivision of the focal plane with a lenslet array.
- Contrast effects on dosimetry of a partial breast irradiation system.
- Wave-front sensing from subdivision of the focal plane with a lenslet array.
- Proliferative vitreoretinopathy.
- Retinal pigment epithelial tears after intravitreal bevacizumab injection for exudative age-related macular degeneration.
- Pars plana torsional phacoemulsification for removal of retained lens material
- Central serous chorioretinopathy associated with the use of ephedra.
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Type 2 Diabetes
Dr. R. Gary Lane, MD's Practice location
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- What is Keratoconus?
Keratoconus is a non-inflammatory disorder of the eye where the cornea bulges outward like a cone. Thinning and bulging of cornea may result in blurring of vision and make the eye more sensitive to light. This disorder is seen in both the eyes and is common in people from 10-years-old to...
- In Plain Sight: Vision Changes Linked to Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic, progressive movement disorder that affects the nervous system. It is characterized by gradual death and breakdown of nerve cells in the brain resulting in the decreased production of a chemical messenger called dopamine. Reduced dopamine levels cause abnormal...
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Dr. Richard M Evans M.D.9157 Huebner Rd San Antonio TX 78240
- Dr. Jordan Hollsten M.D.4114 Pond Hill RD San Antonio TX 78231
- Dr. Alan D. Baribeau M.D.7830 Louis Pasteur Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Dr. William D. Willerson M.D. San Antonio Texas 78209-5419
- Juan E. Rubio, Jr9910 Huebner Road San Antonio Texas 78240
- Dr. Jose Luis Perez-becerra MD1327 Sw Military Dr San Antonio TX 78221