Dr. Justin Eli Bekelman MD
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology3400 Spruce St 2 Donner Bldg Philadelphia PA, 19104
Dr. Justin Bekelman practices Radiation Oncology in Philadelphia, PA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Bekelman specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Yale School of Medicine 2003
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology- 2009
- Scope and impact of financial conflicts of interest in biomedical research: a systematic review.
- Effectiveness of radiation therapy in older women with ductal carcinoma in situ.
- Head-and-neck target delineation among radiation oncology residents after a teaching intervention: a prospective, blinded pilot study.
- Quality of radiotherapy reporting in randomized controlled trials of Hodgkin's lymphoma and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a systematic review.
- Predicted rates of secondary malignancies from proton versus photon radiation therapy for stage I seminoma.
- Outcomes after intensity-modulated versus conformal radiotherapy in older men with nonmetastatic prostate cancer.
- Hospital racial composition and the treatment of localized prostate cancer.
- Prostate-specific antigen surveillance among men with clinically localized prostate cancer who do not receive initial treatment.
- Variation in use of androgen suppression with external-beam radiotherapy for nonmetastatic prostate cancer.
- Postoperative radiation therapy for low-grade glioma: patterns of care between 1998 and 2006.
- Prospective preference assessment of patients' willingness to participate in a randomized controlled trial of intensity-modulated radiotherapy versus proton therapy for localized prostate cancer.
- Testicular cancer: Underestimating radiotherapy toxicity for stage I seminoma.
- Out-of-pocket expenses and treatment choice for men with prostate cancer.
- Physician evaluation of internet health information on proton therapy for prostate cancer.
- Risk of fatal cerebrovascular accidents after external beam radiation therapy for early-stage glottic laryngeal cancer.
- Prostate Cancer, Genitourinary Cancer (urologic Cancer)
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Bladder Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Member International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement , Advanced Prostate Cancer Working Group
- Member American Radium Society (ARS)
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Johns Hopkins University Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Justin Eli Bekelman MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
Dr. Justin Eli Bekelman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bekelman
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Understanding Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the major treatments for any type of cancer. It is a procedure that uses high energy particles such as gamma rays, protons, electrons, x-rays, and electron beams to destroy cancer cells. Other names for radiation therapy include x-ray therapy, radiotherapy, or...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- What Specialists Treat Testicular Cancer?
The type of cancer that affected the male sex organs, particularly the male gonads called the testes, was regarded as an incurable condition back in the 70s. Since then, advanced diagnostic tools, exceptional treatment methods, and refined therapies have elevated testicular cancer to the status of a...
- Igor G. Rayevsky1112 Winding Drive Cherry Hill New Jersey 8003
- Dr. James David Kolker MD51 N 39th St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Neha Vapiwala MD51 N 39th St Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Lilie L Lin MD3400 Spruce Street Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Suneel N Nagda MD3400 Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Edgar Ben-josef MD3400 Civic Center Philadelphia PA 19104