Michael C Fraizer M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease5880 University Ave West Des Moines IA, 50266
Dr. Michael Fraizer is a cardiologist practicing in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Fraizer specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Fraizer also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- University of Wisconsin Program
Michael C Fraizer M.D.'s Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50266Get Direction
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
WEST DES MOINES, IA 50266Get Direction
Michael C Fraizer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fraizer
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While some think this isn’t anything to worry about, there are studies that link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a very common sleeping disorder that is very alarming. In fact,...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Does Hypertension Have Warning Signs?
With modern life complexities becoming more evident, instances of lifestyle health conditions like hypertension have been on the rise. According a recent report, the number of people living with hypertension is estimated to reach 1.56 billion worldwide by the year 2025. In the US, more than 75% of...
- Marc L Klein M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- David Melvin Hall DO1300 Des Moines Street Des Moines IA 50309
- Saima Zafar M.D.1301 Penn Avenue Des Moines IA 50316
- Craig B Clark D.O.1301 Penn Avenue Des Moines IA 50316
- Frances L Johnson M.D.411 LAUREL STREET DES MOINES IA 50314
- Dirk Allen Versteeg M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266