Michael C Fraizer M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1215 Pleasant St Suite 414 Des Moines IA, 50309
Dr. Michael Fraizer is a cardiologist practicing in West Des Moines, IA. Dr. Fraizer specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Fraizer also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- University of Wisconsin Program
Michael C Fraizer M.D.'s Practice location
West Des Moines, IA 50266Get Direction
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
WEST DES MOINES, IA 50266Get Direction
Michael C Fraizer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fraizer
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- Congestive Cardiac Failure: What is Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)?
Do you want to know what Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) is? Do you know exactly how your heart functions? It works in a rhythm. It beats 60 to 100 times per minute, and when it beats, it pumps oxygenated blood to your whole body. When the heart relaxes immediately after each beat, impure...
- Vitamin E May Not Prevent Heart Failure in Women
According to a new study, vitamin E supplementation may not reduce the risk of heart failure in women. This study is the first of its kind, focusing on the effectiveness of vitamin E supplementation in the prevention of heart failure. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to protect the body from...
- Alternative Treatments for Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive heart failure is a serious heart condition where the heart cannot pump the required amount of blood needed for the body’s circulatory system. Prevention is the most important step for congestive heart failure, and this can be achieved through a healthy diet and lifestyle. If the usual...
- How Can a Cardioverter-Defibrillator Treat Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure is a common condition affecting the muscles of the heart and peripheries of the body. It leads to inefficient pumping action from the heart, which in turn results in a lesser amount of blood reaching the various parts of the body. Being highly prevalent in people aged over...
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
Whether roasted or raw, walnuts are the best nuts and have an abundance of heart healthy nutrients. In a recent study, researchers compared the amount of polyphenols — the powerful antioxidants — in nine types of roasted and raw nuts. They also measured the amount of these antioxidants in two...
- David Melvin Hall DO1300 Des Moines Street Des Moines IA 50309
- Brock John Cookman D.O.1415 Woodland Ave Des Moines IA 50309
- Craig A Stark M.D.1215 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Robert H Hoyt M.D.1215 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Allan P Latcham M.D.1540 High St Des Moines IA 50309
- Ravinder Kumar MD1415 Woodland Ave Des Moines IA 50309