Dr. Robert Ellington is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Elon, NC. Dr. Ellington specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Ellington can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Ellington can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Dr. Robert Norwood Ellington M.D.'s Practice location
Elon, NC 27244Get Direction
Dr. Robert Norwood Ellington M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Foods to Eat When Breastfeeding
IntroductionThe phase of pregnancy in itself is a beautiful experience, and once the baby arrives, there are so many thoughts crossing the new mother’s mind. The first thought that comes in is whether the baby would get enough breast milk. Similar to the pregnancy phase, the process of...
- How to Prepare for Gastric Bypass Surgery
People who are seriously obese and are unable to lose weight through diet and exercise may benefit from a gastric bypass surgery. Gastric bypass surgery is a procedure performed to people with high body mass index (BMI) including those with obesity-related health problems. Having a gastric bypass...
- Are IUDs More Effective Than Oral Contraceptives?
According to experts, intrauterine devices (IUDs) are more effective than the morning after pills in contraception. A recent study has shown that morning after pills have a higher rate of failure, when compared to the coils, a small copper device that is placed in the womb by a trained nurse or...
- Lack of Sleep During Pregnancy May Increase a Mother's Risk for Preeclampsia
A study published in the journal, Sleep, has shown that too much or too little sleep during pregnancy may increase the risk of high blood pressure and related complications during pregnancy. High blood pressure induced by pregnancy is a symptom of preeclampsia, which later increases the risk of...
- What Is Dysuria: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or discomfort while urinating. This painful, burning sensation is commonly associated with urinary tract infections, which are usually caused by bacteria. Dysuria is also a common symptom of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) and...
- Treatments for Vaginitis
Vaginitis is a condition where there is inflammation in the vagina. It is usually accompanied by a condition of the vulva known as vulvovaginitis. It develops from an infection caused by bacteria, yeast, or the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis. However, it may also result from a chemical or physical...
- Dr. Sheronette A. Cousins M.D.1908 Lendew St Greensboro NC 27408
- Dr. Marie-Lyne Lavoie M.D.1908 Lendew Street Greensboro North Carolina 27408
- Dr. Chelsea Ward MD.101 Medical Park Drive Mebane NC 27302
- Dr. Michelle L Grewal M.D.802 Green Valley Rd Greensboro NC 27408
- Dr. Chetanna I Okasi MD301 E Wendover Ave Greensboro NC 27401
- Dr. Thomas J. Schermerhorn M.D.1234 Huffman Mill Rd Burlington NC 27215