Dr. Christian Gilbert is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Norfolk, VA. Dr. Gilbert specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Gilbert typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
- Evaluation of a vertical vein using magnetic resonance imaging.
- Use of the Quest Myocardial Protection System (MPS) for modified ultrafiltration during pediatric cardiac surgery.
- Anomalous left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery: intermediate results of coronary elongation.
- Novel use of extracellular matrix graft for creation of pulmonary valved conduit.
- Temple University Hospital 1982
Dr. Christian L Gilbert MD's Practice location
Norfolk, VA 23507Get Direction
WILMINGTON, DE 19805Get Direction
Dr. Christian L Gilbert MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gilbert
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Dr. Lynne A Skaryak M.D.113 GAINSBOROUGH SQ STE 400 CHESAPEAKE VA 23320
- Dr. Robert Frederick Dunton MD500 J CLYDE MORRIS BLVD NEWPORT NEWS VA 23601
- Dr. Michael F Mcgrath MD600 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Joseph R Newton MD600 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Robert A Lancey M.D.3636 HIGH ST PORTSMOUTH VA 23707
- Dr. Lenox D Baker MD600 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507