Dr. Christian Gilbert is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Norfolk, VA. Dr. Gilbert specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Gilbert typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
- Evaluation of a vertical vein using magnetic resonance imaging.
- Use of the Quest Myocardial Protection System (MPS) for modified ultrafiltration during pediatric cardiac surgery.
- Anomalous left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery: intermediate results of coronary elongation.
- Novel use of extracellular matrix graft for creation of pulmonary valved conduit.
- Temple University Hospital 1982
Dr. Christian L Gilbert MD's Practice location
Norfolk, VA 23507Get Direction
REHRERSBURG, PA 19550Get Direction
Dr. Christian L Gilbert MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gilbert
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Dr. Lynne A Skaryak M.D.3333 N Calvert St Baltimore MD 21218
- Dr. Robert Frederick Dunton MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Jared Lee Antevil M.D.Magtftc Mcagcc Box 788250 Twentynine Palms CA 92278
- Dr. John Henry Artrip MD3640 High St Portsmouth VA 23707
- Dr. Michael F Mcgrath MD600 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Edward James Frick M.D.2000 Meade Pkwy Suffolk VA 23434