Dr. Somia Mian is a hepatologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Mian specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Dr. Somia Mian MD's Practice location
Dr. Somia Mian MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mian
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hepatitis
Hepatitis is mainly an infection of the Liver. The condition of a person suffering from hepatitis can either be self-limiting, progressing to fibrosis (scarring), cirrhosis, or liver cancer. hepatitis viruses are the most common cause of hepatitis, but other causes spreading the same infection may...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- Dr. Naurang Motilal Agrawal MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. William B Silverman MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Mirac N. Ince M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Douglas Richard Labrecque MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Antonio Jaime Sanchez M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael D Voigt MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242