Dr. Neelakshi Bhagat MD
Ophthalmologist90 Bergen St Doc - 6th Floor; Newark NJ, 07103
Dr. Neelakshi Bhagat is an ophthalmologist practicing in Newark, NJ. Dr. Bhagat specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Bhagat can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Bhagat can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 1994
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1994
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Tear
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- MemberAmerican Society of Retina Specialists
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Ophthalmology; Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, Internal Medicine
- Retinal fellowship, University of Southern California, Doheny Eye Institute
- USC/Doheny Eye Institute, Retina/Vitreous Surgery 1998
Dr. Neelakshi Bhagat MD's Practice location
Newark, NJ 07103Get Direction
Dr. Neelakshi Bhagat MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bhagat
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- How to Properly Take Care of Your Eyelashes
Lush, full lashes are any woman’s dream. Avoiding a few bad habits and replacing them with some good ones may lead to beautiful, long lashes.Eyelashes have a very important role in the health of the eyes. They are protective in nature preventing foreign matter out of the eye. They also act as an...
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- Dr. Jeremy M Cotliar M.D.130 FORT WASHINGTON AVE NEW YORK NY 10032
- Dr. Andrew I. Miller M.D.22 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039
- Dr. Tod Haller MD30-74 36th St Queens New York 11103
- Julia P. Shulman20 East 9th Street New York New York 10003
- Dr. Kurt Jackson M.D.216 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Jacqueline Dauhajre MD140 East 80th Street New York New York 10075