Judy Helfman is a physical therapist practicing in Mechanicsville, VA. Judy Helfman specializes in physical treatment to help a patient reduce pain, restore mobility, rehabilitate an injury, or increase movement and overall function. As a physical therapist, Judy Helfman can treat multiple conditions with exercises, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, joint mobilization, heat, ice, massage, laser or light therapy and more. Judy Helfman will create a treatment plan based on the patients specific injury or condition, and might target a specific body part or body system based on the individual.
Judy Helfman P.T.'s Practice location
Judy Helfman P.T.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatment for Shin Splints
What Are Shin Splints?Shin splints are the result of severe stress being placed on the tibia. This stress leads to inflammation of the surrounding muscle tissues; thus, leading to severely debilitating pain. At times, the pain can be so severe that it may even cause difficulties simply taking a step...
- What Is Tetrocalcaneal Bursitis?
Bursitis is a condition that affects the bursa causing inflammation and pain. This infection causes the bursa to be swollen and cause pain to the area. A bursa is a type of sac that is located in between joints in the body. This might be in the bones, muscles, or tendons. It contains a fluid called...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What is Tommy John Surgery?
Named after Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher, Tommy John, who took up this new procedure to repair his affected elbow, this surgery is common among athletes to correct a ligament that is injured. Also known as ulnar collateral ligament (UCL reconstruction), the injured ligament is replaced with a tendon...
- What Is Sacroiliitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is sacroiliitis?An inflammation of one or both sacroiliac joints is known as sacroiliitis. This condition happens when the lower spine and pelvis connect. In other words, we can say that a sacroiliac joint is the union of the sacrum and ilium. The sacroiliac joint is bound by thick ligaments...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- Mrs. Jennifer Mayhew Hays MPT2000 Bremo Road Richmond VA 23226
- Abby Gretchen Foust PT7650 E Parham Rd Henrico VA 23294
- Ryan Brown DPT1115 BOULDERS PKWY NORTH CHESTERFIELD VA 23225
- Dr. Robin Michelle Trainer PT, DPT7061 COMMONS PLZ STE A CHESTERFIELD VA 23832
- Mr. Derek Scott Metzler PT7400 Beaufont Spring Dr Richmond VA 23225
- Ms. Katherine Elizabeth Armstrong DPT1201 Broad Rock Blvd Richmond VA 23249