Dr. Risa Herman is a speech language pathologist practicing in BROOKLYN, NY. Dr. Herman specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Herman evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Herman helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Risa Herman MSSLP's Practice location
BROOKLYN, NY 11210Get Direction
Mrs. Risa Herman MSSLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Ms. Joan Diane Kamerman SLP14737 CHARTER RD JAMAICA NY 11435
- Feigi Halberstam Other1651 Coney Island Ave Brooklyn NY 11230
- Ms. Renee Yvette Banks CCC-SLP11520 142ND ST SOUTH OZONE PARK NY 11436
- Dr. Anna Cintron abenis M.S., PSY.D.1225 Gerard Avenue Bronx NY 10452
- Vladimir Vilenskiy M.A., CCC-SLP125 NORFOLK ST BROOKLYN NY 11235
- Marlene M. O'dea M.A., CCC-SLP, TSSLD380 WASHINGTON AVE ROOSEVELT NY 11575